Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Updating my Codeigniter to the latest version with gaps in between

(10-17-2019, 01:20 PM)dave friend Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:49 AM)dweenator Wrote: There shouldn't be a problem for me if i were to just directly upgrade from 3.1.5 to 3.1.11 right? since files gets updated per successive version so it doesn't really matter if i were to just directly jump to the latest version than to go from 3.1.5 to 3.1.6 until 3.1.11?

Or is it safer/faster for me to just transfer all my files(controller/models/views/assets(js,css,images) from my 3.1.5 version to a newly downloaded 3.1.11 codeigniter version. As i have stated, i dont really have any third party libraries or helpers i used nor have i done any changes to the system files of codeigniter.

Not a problem to go directly from 3.1.5 to 3.1.11 by replacing only the system directory in your 3.1.5 site with the system directory from 3.1.11. But, make a backup first!

After that do the things at these links

Step 2: Remove usage of the APC Cache driver (deprecation)

Step 2: Remove usage of CAPTCHA helper extra parameters (deprecation)

Step 2: Check for calls to is_countable()

Step 2: Replace config/mimes.php

Done!

In my opinion, this is the easiest, fastest, and least error-prone way to go.

I think i'll follow your guide. Since its less hassle. 

From the following steps you mentioned, it only says usage. I don't have to manually delete .php files in the library folder pertaining to the file deprecated?

Suffice to say i haven't used both of those libraries. I also haven't used the inflector helper(is_countable() function) so i'm good on all those 3 steps. 

So the only things i should do is to replace my system folder and config/mimes.php file with a newly downloaded 3.1.11 systems folder and the mimes.php file.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updating my Codeigniter to the latest version with gaps in between - by dweenator - 10-19-2019, 04:30 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB