Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hosting CI4 on World4You Problem

@MGatner
> CI4 includes Kint which has some handy and pretty output options. Try d($variable) or dd($variable), latter dumps and dies, both format for either CLI or web.

I tried Kint and thought it was wonderful but went off it because w3.org validation tools fail miserably even for a simple "Hello world" web page.

I have a couple of small function which format any type of variable.

When trying to validate the page there are far too many Klint errors and warnings shown. Difficulty arises trying to find a single missing brackets or semi-colon amongst the hundreds of notifications!

On a dozen sites, with thousands of pages, I prefer being able to include a common PHP footer that generates links to the free HTML and CSS w3.org validation tools.

On my latest project, three Git commands, add, commit and post are used to update the Repository and hopefully soon to be combined to a single instruction. Also a single RSync one line script used to compare development and online project scripts. Zipped partial file contents are uploaded in seconds.

I think Kint is detrimental to developent - far better to have easily validated web pages and compatible tools!

my two Satangs Smile

Messages In This Thread
Hosting CI4 on World4You Problem - by IVIike - 12-04-2019, 12:13 AM
RE: Hosting CI4 on World4You Problem - by IVIike - 12-04-2019, 04:18 AM
RE: Hosting CI4 on World4You Problem - by IVIike - 12-04-2019, 10:49 PM
RE: Hosting CI4 on World4You Problem - by MGatner - 12-05-2019, 06:58 AM
RE: Hosting CI4 on World4You Problem - by John_Betong - 12-05-2019, 09:49 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB