Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ci3 profilling in constructor fails

Hi
I am trying to profile my application, but instead of putting the profiling code in each and every function I tried to put it in the class constructor as follows

PHP Code:
function __construct(){
$this->output->enable_profiler(TRUE);

but it threw the following error

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/Users.php

Line Number: 16

Backtrace:

File: D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\application\controllers\Users.php
Line: 16
Function: _error_handler

File: D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\index.php
Line: 292
Function: require_once

( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to CI_Exceptions::show_exception() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given, called in D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\system\core\Common.php on line 662 and defined in D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\system\core\Exceptions.php on line 190
( ! ) TypeError: Argument 1 passed to CI_Exceptions::show_exception() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given, called in D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\system\core\Common.php on line 662 in D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\system\core\Exceptions.php on line 190
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.5270    1201488    _exception_handler( )    ...\Common.php:0
2    0.5270    1201488    CI_Exceptions->show_exception( )    ...\Common.php:662
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Error

Message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to CI_Exceptions::show_exception() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given, called in D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\system\core\Common.php on line 662 and defined in D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\system\core\Exceptions.php:190 Stack trace: #0 D:\xampp\htdocs\ci4\system\core\Common.php(662): CI_Exceptions->show_exception(Object(Error)) #1 [internal function]: _exception_handler(Object(Error)) #2 {main} thrown

Filename: core/Exceptions.php

Line Number: 190

Backtrace:

I was under the impression that the constructor will be called before every function call so what happened here. Sad

Messages In This Thread
ci3 profilling in constructor fails - by mike433 - 06-07-2020, 03:33 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB