Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Our reasons to stay away from CodeIgniter 4

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 04:18 PM by murugappan.)

Hi,
I know i am posting late.

Well, i have been a CI fan for over 10 years, CI3 is fantastic but when Laravel sprung out of the blues, i wished i had some of the features of Laravel. This feeling came when i started seeing what Laravel Blade templating language used. On later research, i found that Laravel did not have any originality. It borrowed so much from others. So i decided to do the same with CI3 and integrated Twig (the real Blade) and got i wanted. But then again, what the heck? PHP is already a templating language so i dumped it. See, what's going? CI3 was great in flexibility, adaptability and small footprint. Now i have integrated Quasar CDN, Vuejs CDN and also Alpinejs into CI4 to reap the benefits at the same time not overloading the load size and deployment. Try these.
Then came, CI4. Initially it was culture shock to me. After going through a full YouTube tutorial, from Online Web Tutor, I found that CI4 is the much needed evolution to CI3. Yeeessss! I had to rewrite much of the CI3 code but it was well worth it because our apps were getting outdated and needed complete overhaul anyway and CI4 timing was just great.
For the newbie, check the same, please. You apps may be outdated as well and may need rewrite as well. For your information, I have created a full backend API Server for our databases with CI4 which can used by front-end frameworks like Vuejs, Quasar etc. There are so many adopting Laravel for the same but what a bunch of clueless people they are. Laravel is extremely overloaded and deployment can be a nightmare, especially Laravel version 9. Oh yeah, you could use silly headless-cms like Strapi which is an overkill and deployment headache whch till today no one is providing answers.
Learn CI4 and you will not regret it.

PS: Notice, I am still a junior member after 46 years in the industry and 10 years with CI. Sigh! Anway what's in a name.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our reasons to stay away from CodeIgniter 4 - by murugappan - 07-11-2022, 04:17 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB