Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Laravel Vs Codeigniter. A difficult choice

This is a community/volunteer driven framework. I did mention in this thread some upcoming changes.

However, there's only 3-4 people actively working on the framework. We welcome more help. And it's only breaking changes that have to wait until a major release, since we try to follow semantic versioning.

I do find the comment interesting, though, since I've been using both CodeIgniter and Laravel for quite a few years now. One thing people used to like about CI3 was that it was stable and, unlike Laravel, wasn't making breaking changes and the like every few months. It's definitely a hard balance to find, especially with such a small team.

To the OP's question, though, I would say use whatever you're most comfortable with, unless you're wanting to take the time to learn another framework. I will say that at the moment Laravel has better mail and task scheduling and those seem to be priorities for your application. Of course, you might be able to roll your simple task scheduler in CI in a few hours, which could prove faster than learning Laravel, as their mail system can get a bit complex since it has a number of layers. Or you could use the mostly complete Tasks library. This will end up being merged into CI core pretty soon. The biggest thing left to do is to revamp how storage works for that so we don't require the Settings library. The current repo will be kept around though as a useful tool for existing projects.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laravel Vs Codeigniter. A difficult choice - by kilishan - 12-06-2021, 09:23 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB