Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Organizing the Site!

[eluser]Drew Barontini[/eluser]
Alright, so I've been going through the tutorials/videos/user guide and other various informational components for CI. I've built a login, a contact form, and an image uploader. These are just some random various apps I wanted to build to install into a dynamic database driven portfolio site I'm making for myself with a main page (news/blog, dynamic header image), an about page, a portfolio page (dynamically load the images, description, and link), and a contact page. I want these to be backed by a basic CMS just to update the news/blog, as well as the images, description, and link in the portfolio section.

My question is this; I'm confused as to organizing the pages within the controller, view, etc.. I just have form.php, upload.php, and contact.php as controllers. Then I have their related forms and success pages in the view file. How do I organize these into pages on the website. Can I create subfolders within the controllers section named contact, portfolio, etc.. and also do this in the model/view folders. If this is how you organize it, how do you link to these pages and is the url affected?

Also, how would a CMS work with subsequent directories for those files. I planned on doing a login page that would be separate from the site only for me to update, insert, edit, and delete tables. I would have a home_admin with links to a news/blog_admin, contact_admin, portfolio_admin, and about_admin to update the databases. So those would be in the model? How would I organize those folders?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm confused as to organizing an entire site onto the framework and how to link, and how to integrate the CMS into that organization.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, or offer advice, that'd be tremendous.

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Organizing the Site! - by El Forum - 05-17-2008, 08:40 PM