Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ErrorException: ini_set() A session is active.

I'm getting the following error with CI4. Note that the site I'm dealing with is a combination of pure php and CI. I also only have 1 page in CI4, as I'm just starting to 'migrate' to it.

Code:
ErrorException
ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time

SYSTEMPATH/Session/Handlers/FileHandler.php at line 319
319             ini_set('session.sid_length', (string) $SIDLength);

Backtrace:

1. {PHP internal code}   —  CodeIgniter\Debug\Exceptions->errorHandler ( arguments )

2. SYSTEMPATH/Session/Handlers/FileHandler.php : 319   —   ini_set()

3. SYSTEMPATH/Session/Handlers/FileHandler.php : 83   —  CodeIgniter\Session\Handlers\FileHandler->configureSessionIDRegex ()

4. SYSTEMPATH/Config/Services.php : 686   —  CodeIgniter\Session\Handlers\FileHandler->__construct ( arguments )

5. SYSTEMPATH/Config/BaseService.php : 258   —  CodeIgniter\Config\Services::session ( arguments )

6. SYSTEMPATH/Config/BaseService.php : 199   —  CodeIgniter\Config\BaseService::__callStatic ( arguments )

7. SYSTEMPATH/Config/Services.php : 664   —  CodeIgniter\Config\BaseService::getSharedInstance ( arguments )

8. SYSTEMPATH/Config/BaseService.php : 258   —  CodeIgniter\Config\Services::session ()

9. SYSTEMPATH/Common.php : 996   —  CodeIgniter\Config\BaseService::__callStatic ( arguments )

10. SYSTEMPATH/CodeIgniter.php : 1069   —   session()

11. SYSTEMPATH/CodeIgniter.php : 549   —  CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->storePreviousURL ( arguments )

12. SYSTEMPATH/CodeIgniter.php : 361   —  CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->handleRequest ( arguments )

13. FCPATH/index.php : 114   —  CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->run ()

To simplify things, essentially what I'm running into is that my controller loads my header helper where, among other things, I check if the session is valid (ie. user is logged in), which needs to call session_start() to check variables. Anyway, because of this, the page fails to load. If I place an "exit();" at the bottom of my view page, it will load just fine. If I let it go through as normal, it will fail with the above. As a workaround, I can add the '@' in front of 'ini_set()' to disable errors, but I'd like to figure out how to fix it properly.

I figure I'm either doing something wrong, or I found a potential bug, but I'd bet on the former...

Anyone have any thoughts on what I should do to fix this?

Messages In This Thread
ErrorException: ini_set() A session is active. - by berky - 01-26-2024, 07:54 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB