Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie scaffolding question

[eluser]Doug Lerner[/eluser]
Ah, I didn't realize there was no way of adding authentication to the CRUD that CI generates. Or rather that it is just dynamic and there is no actual code generation to add an authentication later to later on. I hope that is improved in the future.

I grant you that actually *knowing* what is in your code can be a timesaver in the long run. But the scaffolding in RoR is cool. A friend and I are both simultaneously studying frameworks - I decided to concentrate on CI and she is doing RoR. I don't want to grant her any "cool points" while we are comparing notes. Smile

What I like so far about CI compared to what I tried in RoR is (1) it isn't so mysterious and the documentation seems clear, (2) it is trivially easy to port an app you develop from your Mac to your hosted ISP - just plop in the application folder hiearchy, (3) the naming conventions seem easier to understand (RoR does weird conventions sometimes using singular names and sometimes plural), (4) I don't have to run all these scripts in the terminal in the middle of my development.

What I don't know enough yet is how it will help me in creating cool web-based applications.

doug@still studying

Messages In This Thread
Newbie scaffolding question - by El Forum - 07-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Newbie scaffolding question - by El Forum - 07-07-2008, 02:11 AM
Newbie scaffolding question - by El Forum - 07-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Newbie scaffolding question - by El Forum - 07-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Newbie scaffolding question - by El Forum - 07-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Newbie scaffolding question - by El Forum - 07-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Newbie scaffolding question - by El Forum - 07-09-2008, 06:03 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB