Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
ammonkc,

trigger_events() will call all the hooks that were set with the set_hook() method.

[eluser]AndrewTurner[/eluser]
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to implement an online user list/chat (based on Ion Auth of course)?

The chat is straight forward, and not too much trouble.

The online list is what's causing a bit of pain (As I want to display an on line list of admins, It's just the 'how' do you distinguish an 'online' user and how is that status stored.)

If anyone's implemented such things in their projects, I'd be interested in hearing how you went about it.

Thank you

[eluser]DavidMann[/eluser]
Ben,

I'm beginning to get a handle on your excellent library Ion_Auth and am implementing my own controller to suit my situation. Thanks for all your hard work. Could you please point me in the direction of a tutorial or user guide for encrypted database sessions. I'm afraid I can't figure out what that is.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey guys,
Has anyone succeeded to implement captcha into ion_auth?

I will be very grateful if someone would give me some tips in how to do that

Thanks

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
@DavidMann: Encrypted database sessions sound like CodeIgniter sessions with the encryption flag set to TRUE. See: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...sions.html

Its in config.php -> $config['sess_encrypt_cookie'] = FALSE;

Anyhow! I do have a question. I really like Ion Auth and I am wondering if it would be hard to hook in the following: Google, Facebook, OpenID and possibly other authentication methods. Smile

Obviously that is not a base thing, but it is something that makes users register quicker and more often in my experience and I want to stimulate that as much as possible.

[eluser]mallcom[/eluser]
after updating the library the connection with the meta table is lost.
Can someone point me in the right direction with this?

I need to be able to fetch this data e.g. first_name last_name
But also when creating a user somehow this join is lost.

how can i restore this?

[eluser]rulin[/eluser]
[quote author="mallcom" date="1329060044"]after updating the library the connection with the meta table is lost.
Can someone point me in the right direction with this?

I need to be able to fetch this data e.g. first_name last_name
But also when creating a user somehow this join is lost.

how can i restore this?[/quote]

The later releases of Ion_auth no longer use the META table.
All columns from this table will now be held in the USERS table

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
hi,

I'm not sure about right thread, so write here.
I do need extend Ion_auth (library), that is located under the application/libraries. I tried to use standard approach: to make a php lib as MY_Ion_auth.php and class name MY_Ion_auth (located at the same place, under the application/libraries).
But when i try to use it in controller, i get an error: "Unable to load the requested class: Ion_auth". Seems, it's not a right way.
I also tried to use a call of library load as $this->load->library('MY_Ion_auth'), but it made a mess, as i need to change all the lines where ion_auth is used inside a controller.

Is there some more elegant way to do this? Can someone assist with this issue?

--
Vasily

[eluser]rip_pit[/eluser]
@crendel : sorry can't help about that, maybe someone else will

I would need some advice about a problem i had with my app, ion_auth and firefox
It often log me out without asking then i sometimes must restart firefox to be able to login again
Maybe someone has meet similar problem before ? I can't say if it's due to firefox only or due to a bad config (that i suspect)

any suggestion is welcome

I use the latest downloadable ion_auth version from repository and the latest codeigniter v2x
firefox 10, xp, wamp

[eluser]theshiftexchange[/eluser]
question: has anyone here created a brute_force plugin for Ion Auth? i.e. if user X has Y login attempts, then lock the account and send them an email to unlock?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB