Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
rip_pit,

Please send a pull request for any additional translations that are needed. Thanks!

[eluser]rei[/eluser]
Hi, I'm now trying to use Ion Auth but when I'm running the sql scripts of Ion auth to make tables on my database it shows me an error:

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IDENTITY(1,1),
ip_address varbinary(16) NOT NULL,
username varchar(100) ' at line 2

How can I fix this? Nwei I'm using xampp server in windows 7 64-bit

[eluser]rei[/eluser]
Hi, Its now working. I used the ion_auth.sql file Smile Nwei how can I make the username to be used as the identity for logging in instead of email address? Because I tried registering same username but different email address and it registers the account in the database but it adds a number at the end of the username. Like admin, admin1, admin2 etc... I want to make the username field unique and I want it to be used when logging in instead of the email address. Thanks in advance for ur replies/suggestions Smile

Hey rei,

Just change the 'identity' config setting to 'username' in the ion_auth.php config file.

[eluser]rei[/eluser]
Thanks for your quick reply sir. It's now working Smile Your Ion Auth library is awesome Smile Thanks for your hard work in making this library, this will save me a lot of time Smile I just want to ask whats the "users_groups" table for??? Because I tried registering an account and it adds record in those tables but I dont know whats the use of that table. And can I add custom fields for registering an account? Like adding fields for address, cellphone number etc.. Please tell me if its provided by the library or I need to edit the source code of the library to suit my needs.

Users are assigned to groups, the users_groups table holds those relations.

To add new data just add the fields to the users table and then you can pass it into the register() or update() methods.

Thanks!

[eluser]rei[/eluser]
Wow. So I can really add custom fields without editing the source code of the Ion Auth library. Awesome! Thanks again sir Smile

[eluser]Miguel Suárez[/eluser]
Hi, I have a problem, I cant seem to update the user's password from within a form:

This is the code I'm using, it updates the other fields fine:

Code:
$id = $this->input->post('userId');

$data = array(
'first_name' => $this->input->post('first_name'),
'last_name' => $this->input->post('last_name'),
'username' => $this->input->post('username'),
'password' => $this->input->post('password'),
'email' => $this->input->post('email')
);

$this->ion_auth->update($id, $data);

;

What am I doing wrong?

Miguel Suárez,

That should work fine, any errors? if you do a var_dump($_POST); what do you get?

[eluser]Miguel Suárez[/eluser]
Mmmm sorry my bad, wrong variable name, using "userPass1" instead of "password".

Funny how right after I post I find the solution.

Have to say, nice Auth system you have here, been using it for a day and its pretty complete!

Thanks for sharing

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB