Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]duffy0[/eluser]
seems to have worked! Thanks for the speedy reply. A didn't even need to leave the forum before I got one.. lol -high5-

[eluser]duffy0[/eluser]
navigating to different pages does not work? you can look at it here http://pyro.duffsstuff.net/

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
I have PMed you about this one. Might be an idea to keep support requests to a minimum and i'll either post bug-fixes to the repo or write up solutions in here.

I intend to set up dev.pyrocms.com soon anyhow so this will be officially working on sub-domains within a few days. Then I'll have a root installation (personal blog), a non-root installation (pyrocms demo) and a sub-domain installation (dev site). Then I wonder if sub-domain non-root will be an issue.... ahaha!

I finally got my sub-domain up and running (boy do I miss cPanel when I have to set one of those up manually...).

I had a 500 error there for a while but I believe that was just bad setup of my sub-domain. It seems to work fine in sub-domains.

http://dev.pyrocms.com/

That will shortly be password protected, but you can see my point. How are you setting up your sub-domain?

There have been many more bug-fixes in the last release. It is almost enough for another release but I dont want to spam out the minor versions. Instead I will jump from 0.9.2 to 0.9.5 which should be a major release in itself.

There have been bug-fixes in deleting everything, meta-data has been moved from settings to specific modules )either dynamically created or for pages there are text fields), interface tweaks for both frontend & backend and just... well loads of improvements.

I am still looking for help with this. I have several people offering to help and nothing actually coming from any of them. If you are serious abount wanting to help I am more than happy to add you to GitHub but please only ask if you are serious about it.

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1242614003"]There have been many more bug-fixes in the last release. It is almost enough for another release but I dont want to spam out the minor versions. Instead I will jump from 0.9.2 to 0.9.5 which should be a major release in itself.

There have been bug-fixes in deleting everything, meta-data has been moved from settings to specific modules )either dynamically created or for pages there are text fields), interface tweaks for both frontend & backend and just... well loads of improvements.

I am still looking for help with this. I have several people offering to help and nothing actually coming from any of them. If you are serious abount wanting to help I am more than happy to add you to GitHub but please only ask if you are serious about it.[/quote]

Told you on Skype that I'll speak to you this wednesday (if you are available). Now I'd like to know, is GitX of any use when using Github ? I hate command lines...

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Phil, great work. Really like your CMS. However, quick amateur question - in your INSTALL file instructions, you suggest quite a few directories as chmod 777, is that a problem? What I mean is, can that be a security risk?

Hope this isn't meant to sound critical, as I said, like the CMS but do want to know after one of my WordPress sites was hacked last month.

Thanks for the project

[quote author="Yorick Peterse" date="1242690016"]Told you on Skype that I'll speak to you this wednesday (if you are available). Now I'd like to know, is GitX of any use when using Github ? I hate command lines...[/quote]

That wasn't directed at you dude, I know you have worked your ass off on the designs and I am very grateful! :-)

No idea if GitX is any good, never used it. Let me know how it works out.

@2think: It could well be an issue, but no more than many other PHP scripts. In larger apps I have been known to upload to a single temp folder then use FTP to move it to more secure areas on the same server.

Just didn't fancy adding in this extra layer of complexity into the system. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge can pitch in.

[Double post]

Could somebody grab a copy of the bleeding edge and give TinyMCE a try? I have fixed several bugs and made a whole bunch of improvements to the admin for galleries.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB