Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Authentication 1.4a (24th July 2008)

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Updated the website and readme file.

jeremyapp : Have you made the registration forms, login forms, and the controller methods?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Sorry to hear it jermeyapp. I've downloaded a clean installation of 1.6.2 and Redux Authentication 1.3 and it's working without a white page issue.

My guess would be you have a problem with your PHP environment. I would further discuss your issue in this forum http://ellislab.com/forums/viewforum/53/

[eluser]MCrittenden[/eluser]
jeremyapp: Make sure that error_reporting (in the base index.php) is set to E_ALL, because PHP could be spitting out an error that you're just not seeing. Happened to me...

[eluser]bennyhill[/eluser]
I get this error out of the box when I try to load the user controller

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: controllers/user.php
Line Number: 266

any suggestions?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Hi bennyhill,

The user controller was an example from a previous version which hasn't been updated. I suggest for the time being you create your own controller.

Kind Regards,
-Mathew

[eluser]MCrittenden[/eluser]
I think for that error you just need to load the validation library. Stick it in application/config/autoload.php or in the constructor of your controller, via "$this->load->library('validation')".

Is anyone else having trouble with the forgot a password function? Everything seems to work but I just never get the email that it says its sending. If it's just me then at least I can try and figure out what I screwed up.

Thanks again for a great lib Popcorn.

[eluser]jonnyleeharris[/eluser]
How does one go about getting the username (or any data from the user) when the user is logged in via this library.

Looking in the example controller file it points me to a get_username(ID) function that doesn't seem to exist in the library and as a result is throwing up an error every time I try to call it.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
MCrittenden : Can you PM me a code sample. I'll try and find whats the matter with it.

jonnyleeharris : The example was for an older version, sorry about that. The get_username funtionality was taken out until I can code a helper to do that type of work.

If you need help adding that functionality I would be more than pleased.

[eluser]jonnyleeharris[/eluser]
How do you go about doing the same thing manually then? Sorry if I seem like a numpty!

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Create a method called get_username($id) in the redux_auth class then use the active record method to select the username with the same id as the one passed to it then return the result.

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...tml#select

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB