Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Separation - PHP5 (Modules)

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1255455300"]Does it support modular language files? I can't spot anything in the code that suggests it would.[/quote]

/dumbass

Sorry I spotted the language() and config() methods now meaning while it does support modular config and language, it does not do it the normal CodeIgniter way. I thought that was the main appeal of this library?

Sadly that is the reason Matchbox has to extend so many other libraries as it tries to get ALL CodeIgniter calls to work in the same way.

I'm not being a Matchbox fanboy here, I am genuinely concidering converting as right now I feel the code is cleaner. That said, I have not seen the new Matchbox yet. :-)

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Hey Phil,

Yes it works fine if you use $load->config() instead of the $config->load() and likewise with language files. An added bonus is that it returns the loaded item for you too.
Code:
$app_config = $this->config->load('application');

Modular Separation - PHP5 version 1.04 is attached to this post.

Added module routes.

EDIT:
deprecated file removed

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi wiredezigns,

is there any place I can find the library documented?

Thanks a lot!
idong

Documentation:
Quote:Modular Separation allows you to use modules for code organization in your application.

Modules now comply with CI 1.7.2, Controllers in sub-directories are supported and resources may be cross loaded from other modules.

You should be able to take any CodeIgniter application and place it into a module and it should work without alteration. However routes might need altering to allow for the added separation of a module.

[eluser]Vlad0[/eluser]
[quote author="Dhanova" date="1251763056"]This is my steps:
- extract a fresh CI 1.7.1 (or 1.7.2) to local server and change the base url to respect my installation dir
- hit a base url:
Code:
http://localhost/ci_test/

- output: welcome message with correct elapsed time (eg. Page rendered in 0.0157 seconds)

- extract a fresh Modular Separation 11 (or 12) and put MY_Loader.php and MY_Router.php in application/libraries
- hit a base url:
Code:
http://localhost/ci_test/

- output: welcome message with incorrect elapsed time (at the bottom: Page rendered in {elapsed_time} seconds)

Did anyone have a same problem with me?[/quote]

I have same problem... on clean 1.7.2 installation

Use version 1.4

[eluser]Vlad0[/eluser]
* @copyright Copyright © Wiredesignz 2009-10-17
* @version 1.4

im using 1.4 ...

Try adding parent::__construct(); to MY_Loader constructor ~line 46

[eluser]Vlad0[/eluser]
Thanks...