Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Announcing Bonfire - A jumpstart for your web apps

[eluser]kilishan[/eluser]
[quote author="Pschilly" date="1301517407"]No it did write to the file which is the weird part... Just seems to have remembered old settings (none). When I reran the install it worked.

Are you caching things?[/quote]

Strange. No caching going on.

I'm pretty sure the settings get reloaded after, which should load the new settings. Hmmm...

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
Thats what you would expect yes.

Going to try to repeat the error now... Wait one.

Install went smooth this time... Probably a permissions issue on my part.

But, this time i got a different error when trying to login:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/auth.php

Line Number: 151

Line Number: 154

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pxlog/public_html/test/bonfire/codeigniter/core/Exceptions.php:170)

Filename: libraries/Session.php

Line Number: 671

[quote author="Pschilly" date="1301518370"]Install went smooth this time... Probably a permissions issue on my part.

Code:

Line Number: 154

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pxlog/public_html/test/bonfire/codeigniter/core/Exceptions.php:170)

Filename: libraries/Session.php

Line Number: 671
[/quote]

BTW This happened when a wrong password was imputed.

[eluser]iamjerson[/eluser]
nice, i will have on this for my upcoming project

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
Cool. I need to give this a try myself. I've been looking for a CI-based backend. I'm not sure about Occular is what I need for my front end, but it has been suggested to me. Just not really into learning another template system. Sad

[quote author="Basketcasesoftware" date="1301546521"]Cool. I need to give this a try myself. I've been looking for a CI-based backend. I'm not sure about Occular is what I need for my front end, but it has been suggested to me. Just not really into learning another template system. Sad[/quote]

OK. Downloaded Bonfire. Even unzipped it and read the docs. Good documentation so far but...
What's the next step? Really!

According to the docs I now just just head on over to my site (whatever that may be) and just run the install controller. Good. How'd it get there? %-P More precisely, what actually needs to be uploaded (or in my case just put in my XAMPP folder)? Any other software requirements? i.e. CI 2.0+, HMVC? Or are these already installed? Do I need to create the DB in advance?

Basketcase - Ci and HMVC are already part of the package. Unzip the archive, and drop it in your XAMPP htdocs folder. From there you should be able to get the installer started at localhost/install (or localhost/bonfire/install or whatever folder you installed it in).

You will need to have a database created for it, but the installer should take care of setting up your database settings and entering your user account into the database, as well as standard table setup in the db. From there you can login and start playing.

[quote author="Pschilly" date="1301518370"]Install went smooth this time... Probably a permissions issue on my part.

Code:

[/quote]

Oops! Good catch. that's what I get for using the same password on every install I've done locally and the browser saving it. Smile It's been fixed, so feel free to pull the changes (or just change $email to $login on those two lines).

[quote author="kilishan" date="1301557492"]Basketcase - Ci and HMVC are already part of the package. Unzip the archive, and drop it in your XAMPP htdocs folder. From there you should be able to get the installer started at localhost/install (or localhost/bonfire/install or whatever folder you installed it in).

You will need to have a database created for it, but the installer should take care of setting up your database settings and entering your user account into the database, as well as standard table setup in the db. From there you can login and start playing.[/quote]

I noticed that. Got it working. I've got it running on my personal systems and I'm liking what I see. Very polished and professional. I'm already working it into my current project and I have another I've put on hold that I'd like to work it into. I know documentation is a pain but it looks like you've made a real effort with it. That part needs more work. If I wasn't so caught up in this project for a client right now I'd be more than happy to contribute. I'm not familiar with Ruby or Ruby on Rails coding (yet), so the Ocular system is taking some doing to work out. I'm guessing that's how you are rendering the current front page.

You added functions to edit the config files! Yay!!!!!!
Some helper that would be useful would be ones to write to css and js files. Smile This would be consistent with the idea of contexts. Plenty of people write templating systems for the html, but I haven't seen one for the css, js or other assets. Like PyroCMS (among others) this is definitely a worthwhile CI community project, IMHO. Feel free to contact me in PM for my more direct contact info.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB