Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
farocco,

The last two errors are because you're sending information in your controller. If you post that code, I'm sure someone can help you. I'm thinking (and this could be quite inaccurate since I can't see your controller code) that you have a redirect first or early in your controller?

I don't know if Ben has changed anything in his mail sending functions because it doesn't seem like there's a problem, at least from the code I've been using. Have you checked to make sure that GoDaddy has a mail server for you to use? I'm sure they do but as I said, with the mail sending functions not giving me a problem, just wondering what it could be on your end.

[eluser]farocco[/eluser]
I changed the auth.php forgot_password to use templates.
$this->data['title'] = 'Forgot Password';
$this->data['content'] = 'auth/forgot_password';
$this->load->view('includes/template', $this->data);

The code below was the orginal.
//$this->load->view('auth/forgot_password', $this->data);

[eluser]Frank Rocco[/eluser]
I just tried removing the template from auth.php, but still get the error.

[eluser]Timothy_[/eluser]
Hello,

Firstly. Thank-you Ben for taking up the challenge to make a clean, fast and stable authentication library.

I am currently at the pointy end of releasing v1.0 of a project that uses redux auth 2 Beta. I have thrashed through some issues but have now realised I need to move to Ion Auth.

Does anyone have any tips on moving from Redux Auth 2 to Ion Auth.

I am excited to move to a better authentication library but am daunted by the amount of code I am going to have to change.

Thanks

Tim

[eluser]Frank Rocco[/eluser]
I just changed the ion_auth library email mailtype to $config['mailtype'] = "text";
And it works. So it is failing on the html setting.

Any ideas?

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Hey Frank,

You're probably going to have to use an email config file to setup your godaddy email settings.

Reference http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...email.html and your godaddy help docs.

Timothy_,

For the most part Ion Auth is backwards compatible so you really shouldn't have to change much, if anything at all.

I recently moved a webapp from redux to ion auth and it took about 1.5 hours but this included some DB setup, config stuff, and adding some custom JSON returning methods.

Timothy_,

Of course you'll also have to do a replace on $this->redux_auth with $this->ion_auth.

[eluser]farocco[/eluser]
Thanks Ben

it seems to work better using the sendmail setting

[eluser]farocco[/eluser]
Auto login not working.

Hi Ben,

When I type in my url, the login asks me to login each time.
I checked remember me.

I looked at the config for ion and auto is set to true.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Frank

Nevermind.

I had a index.htm file that did a redirect to login.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB