Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
I completely forgot to add a function that would configure the database.php file, which I'll start working on in a few minutes.

Quote:Still getting the 404 error.

If you want to take a look, it is here: hXXp://pharmacy.rayherring.net

I downloaded the tarball for the latest commit, extracted it out to the directory, changed the name of the folder to ‘pharmacy’ then went to ‘hXXp://pharmacy.rayherring.net/installer’ and it comes up with the codeigniter 404 error page.

Update: ok, i fixed the problem, it turns out that ‘installer/application/controller/Installer.php’ /should/ have been named as ‘installer/application/controller/installer.php’

Once i changed the ‘Installer.php’ to ‘installer.php’ it all started working fine.

Next problem, on the installer when i click on ‘Step 1’ i get the following:

Works fine for me, though the CI forum has blacklisted the URL.

I've comitted a newer version of the installer. Could somebody test it on a live server ?

EDIT: Damn, still forgot to include a function to write the database.php file xD

EDIT 2: And fixed : http://github.com/philsturgeon/pyrocms/c...efb5b6e141

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
The installer works great now, i do think that on the last step that says your website is ready, it should provide a link to your new website.

Once i finished the installer, i went to the actual website itself and it comes up with a CI Error:

Quote:An Error Was Encountered

I'm actually guessing that one should install the dummy data otherwise there isn't any 'home' page for the website, if that is the case, perhaps the system could automatically redirect you to the admin login page so that you can create a home page?

Correction on that, the 'home' page is auto-created when the tables are created, so that's not the problem, turning the CI logging all the way up to 4 doesn't help either.

[quote author="ray73864" date="1251425573"]The installer works great now, i do think that on the last step that says your website is ready, it should provide a link to your new website.

Once i finished the installer, i went to the actual website itself and it comes up with a CI Error:

I'm actually guessing that one should install the dummy data otherwise there isn't any 'home' page for the website, if that is the case, perhaps the system could automatically redirect you to the admin login page so that you can create a home page?[/quote]

I'm getting the exact same error. The problem is though that as far as I know it does create a homepage.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
It's nothing to do with that. It is failing to populate the settings table with the default data. The empty message being shown is because two setting values are false.

Code:
if(!$this->settings->item('frontend_enabled'))
        {
            $error = $this->settings->item('unavailable_message') ? $this->settings->item('unavailable_message') : lang('cms_fatal_error');
            show_error($error);
        }

$this->lang->load('main');

main language is being loaded AFTER lang('cms_fatal_error') so the error message is being shown as blank.

I will move that lang loading, but we still need to work out why the hell settings are failing to be populated.

Update: Done. Fixed the crazy MASSIVE SOCIAL BOOKMARKS showing up be default too. I had a settings option that would disable them, but it wasnt checking against it. Ooops.

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
ok, downloaded the latest commit, extracted it, renamed the folder to 'pharmacy', went to 'pharmacy.rayherring.net/installer' and ran through the installer (is it possible to have an upgrade path on the installer? so for instance, going from one version of a database to another version).

Installer worked fine, love the link on the final page, when i went to 'pharmacy.rayherring.net' it now comes up with:

Fatal error, is CMS installed?

Update: Just noticed when i went into the admin section and went to 'settings->edit settings' i am getting a mass of errors:

Code:
Edit settings

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: admin/index.php

Line Number: 8

Severity: Warning

Line Number: 8

Severity: Notice

Line Number: 12

Severity: Warning

Line Number: 12

I did notice that when i opened up phpmyadmin, the 'settings' table was empty.

Oh, and the installer errors out when you try to have the installer use an existing DB, it comes back with:

The database tables could not be inserted into the database. Does the database exist?

This is the same issue we have been talking about. The settings table is not being populated, so it defaults to being disabled, and it cant find the disabled message so it looks in a lang file for a "Your installation is F**KED!" message.

Yorick is looking into why settings table is not being populated I believe. Right Yorick?

Also, upgrades will be handled different. There will be an "upgrade" controller which will be hardcoded with a list of DBForge/ActiveRecord commands that will automatically run and upgrade the install, in much the same way as BambooInvoice.

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
Check your demo page. You have some database errors.

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1251484463"]This is the same issue we have been talking about. The settings table is not being populated, so it defaults to being disabled, and it cant find the disabled message so it looks in a lang file for a "Your installation is F**KED!" message.

Yorick is looking into why settings table is not being populated I believe. Right Yorick?

Also, upgrades will be handled different. There will be an "upgrade" controller which will be hardcoded with a list of DBForge/ActiveRecord commands that will automatically run and upgrade the install, in much the same way as BambooInvoice.[/quote]

I took a look at the SQL file and it does include the data required for the settings table, so my only guess is that the queries aren't executed properly.

Well done. ;-P

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB