Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition)

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
@Jfly
That's not a mistake. That's the table alias. It does it for all joins, because they are sometimes different, and it has never given me a problem.

[eluser]Jfly[/eluser]
Thanks, I just found out that the error was because my table name was in MySQL reserved words.

[eluser]Jfly[/eluser]
[quote author="OverZealous" date="1280334926"]@Jfly
That's not a mistake. That's the table alias. It does it for all joins, because they are sometimes different, and it has never given me a problem.[/quote]

I just found out that the problem is caused by my table name, which is conflicted with mysql reserved names. However, I never have this kind of problem, because I use prefix for table names. I think the problem here is that DMZ removes prefix in the table alias.

[eluser]dejavu[/eluser]
I've got a bit of oddness happening in DataMapper DMZ. I'm somehow triggering an error:

In line 603
Code:
// Get and store the table's field names and meta data
$fields = $this->db->field_data($this->table);
I get the error:
Quote:Fatal error: Call to a member function field_data() on a non-object in C:\Users....
But if I add a call to get_class_methods($this->db) just before this line, it works:
Code:
// Get and store the table's field names and meta data
echo "<pre>"; print_r(get_class_methods($this->db)); echo "</pre>";
$fields = $this->db->field_data($this->table);
Apparently the get_class_methods() call somehow triggers an autoload that wouldn't otherwise be called??? Any suggestions what I can look at to fix this without patching DataMapper?

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
@dejavu
That's not a DMZ issue. The DB object is created on-the-fly using a magic __get method, but all of the internal methods rely on that magic method. There's no reason you should get that error unless you are doing something wacky. Wink

[eluser]dejavu[/eluser]
[quote author="OverZealous" date="1280627627"]@dejavu
That's not a DMZ issue. The DB object is created on-the-fly using a magic __get method, but all of the internal methods rely on that magic method. There's no reason you should get that error unless you are doing something wacky. Wink[/quote]

LOL... I was just about to post nevermind, I think I know the problem. I am using Modular Extensions - which qualifies as wacky, I think.

I added something to add the ME directories to the autoload method, but apparently the $this->db is never set up properly. I'll figure it out. Thanks.

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
I need to make a simple CRUD with Datamapper but I am lost. Does anyone have a simple CRUD app that we can download or view online.

Read the user guide and trying to just echo out data from table.

Code:
class Movie extends DataMapper {

var $table = 'encyclopedia_text';

function get_movies(){
    $u = new Movie();
    return $u->get();
  }

Code:
class Movies extends Controller {

function movies() {
    parent::Controller();
    $this->load->library('datamapper');
  }

function index() {
    $d = new Movie();
    echo $d->get();
  }

[eluser]BaRzO[/eluser]
@RaZoR LeGaCy you have to read user guide [url =http://www.overzealous.com/dmz/]DMZ[/url]

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
I did. I released my error was that I was naming the model file "name_model" and I just needed to name the model "name". I thought DMZ could just take the table and spit out a form like CI scaffolding. I thought that it would read that the field type was text for example and create a textarea automatically. Is there a way to do this?

I now have for Controller->index()
Code:
$u = new Movies();
    $movies = $u->get_movies();

$u->load_extension('htmlform');

$form_fields = array(
         'tid',
         'title',
         'text' => 'textarea',
         'eid',
         'img',
         'counter',
     );

echo $u->render_form($form_fields, 'savehere');

Model
Code:
class Movies extends DataMapper {

var $table = 'nuke_encyclopedia_text';

function get_movies(){
    return $this->get_by_eid(3)->limit(5)->get();
  }
}

Anyone know of a simple CRUD app using DMZ only that would show the correct way? I am talking about a Create Row, Review Data, Update Row, Delete Row Controller.

DMZ looks extremely powerful. I did a print_r() on $u and it returned all settings in the config, database, helpers loaded, models loaded etc. Print_r() on $u crashed firefox by the way LoL

[eluser]BaRzO[/eluser]
Maybe you can combine DMZ and [url =http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/107861/]FormGenLib[/url]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB