Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition)

[eluser]introvert[/eluser]
Hello.

I have a question regarding DMZ htmlform extension, which I know its not supported anymore but I'm stuck with it.

I want to display a model form which has a related model and it's field is displayed normally with the listing of all items.

Form name:
some field
some related model field (select box with items: related 1, related 2, etc.)

I want to add option for "None" => 0 selection to it and I have no idea which would be the proper/best way to do this.

I know about defining function get_htmlform_list in the model class but this wont return any array of data which I could manipulate to add the desired option/value.

Is there any way to do this with the least effort/changes?

Many thanks in advance.

[eluser]dejavu[/eluser]
Updated the select() method to better match the ActiveRecord version. ActiveRecord can accept an array or a string.

Code:
public function select($select = '*', $escape = NULL)
    {
        if ($escape !== FALSE) {
            if (!is_array($select)) {
                $select = $this->add_table_name($select);
            } else {
                $updated = array();
                foreach ($select as $sel) {
                    $updated = $this->add_table_name($sel);
                }
                $select = $updated;
            }
        }
        get_class_methods($this->db);
        $this->db->select($select, $escape);

// For method chaining
        return $this;
    }

I'm not exactly clear on what add_table_name is supposed to do. So although it's working perfectly for me, I can't say if it's the correct solution. If select really has to be a string, I had a second version that basically added if(is_array($select)) $select = implode(',',$select);

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have a table with a single primary integer key, but it is named "my_id", not "id" (for example).

Can DataMapper be extended to support a primary integer key for a table which is NOT named "id"? It is limited for use with existing tables that do not have a field named "id" and cannot be changed because they are already core tables which are supporting an existing codebase.

I have looked at the source code and see a lot of code that depends on the "id" property, especially in the relationship/join portions (where "id" is often hardcoded in the queries). However, if we could have an override (kind of like the $table property, perhaps called $id_name or something like that), which could be set on the model object, and used whenever referring to the primary ID key internally in the DMZ code, that would help a lot.

Phil, I really like DMZ and thank you for maintaining and enhancing it. If you have any suggestions or thoughts about how this scenario can be handled, they are greatly appreciated!

[eluser]matyhaty[/eluser]
Hi All
\Im wondering if anyone can help me, with what must be a simple issue!!

I have a couple of tables...

surveys
surveytypes

and they have a relationship, which get the table name:
surveys_surveytypes

This is all working well, and can save nicely.

In the surveytypes tables is a very simple structure. Here are some made up entries:

id = 1
title = 'type1'

id = 2
title = 'Another name'

All I want to be able to do is query the surveys table and get the surveytypes.title in the results

Currently I have:
Code:
$st = new Survey();
        $st->get();
        $this->data['surveys'] = $st;

which gets all the Survey information just fine. How do I get the surveytypes.title included in this?

Many Thanks

Matt

[eluser]dejavu[/eluser]
[quote author="matyhaty" date="1280805552"]Hi All
\Im wondering if anyone can help me, with what must be a simple issue!!

which gets all the Survey information just fine. How do I get the surveytypes.title included in this?

Many Thanks

Matt[/quote]

Read the manual.

include_related() is explained at http://www.overzealous.com/dmz/pages/get....Selection

[eluser]dejavu[/eluser]
[quote author="sixdimensionalarray" date="1280801917"]I have a table with a single primary integer key, but it is named "my_id", not "id" (for example).

Can DataMapper be extended to support a primary integer key for a table which is NOT named "id"? It is limited for use with existing tables that do not have a field named "id" and cannot be changed because they are already core tables which are supporting an existing codebase.

[/quote]
I'm not sure. http://www.overzealous.com/dmz/pages/joi...join_field may do what you want, but you'll have to try it out to make sure.

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
@sixdimensionalarray
It is not possible to change the ID column. it must be id on the model tables, and <relationship>_id on join tables and ITFKs.

[eluser]patie[/eluser]
hi,

i have a problem

i need this query in DMZ..

Code:
SELECT user.*, order.*, SUM((order_album.price)*order_album.quantity) AS price
FROM order_album
LEFT JOIN order ON order_album.order_id = order.id
LEFT JOIN user ON order.user_id = user.id
GROUP BY order_album.order_id
ORDER BY order.id DESC

i have this :

User $table='user'; $has_many = array('order');
Order var $table = 'order'; var $has_one = array('user'); var $has_many = array('order_album');
Order_album var $table = 'order_album'; var $has_one = array('order');

Code:
$obj = new Order_album();
$obj->include_related('order', '*');
//$obj->include_related('user', '*'); // this join order_album with user, i need order with user
$obj->select('price * quantity AS price');
$obj->group_by('order_id');
$obj->order_by('order.id', 'DESC');
$obj->get();

this works

but i dont know how i join (in this "query") order.user_id with user.id - and dont order_album with user ...

thanks for any help.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Do I understand it correctly if I say that you have a many-to-many relationship between User and Order?

In that case your relationship table, that links users to orders, MUST be called Order_users (name of both tables, alphabetical order). You then have two models, one for User and one for Order. You don't need a model for your relationship table.

You then run the query like this:
Code:
$obj = new Order();
// add select and group_by where needed
$obj->include_related('user')->get_by_id($order_id);

You update fields in the relationship table by using:
Code:
// Create objects
$u = new User();
$u->get_by_id($user_id);

$o = new Order();
$o->get_by_id($order_id);

// update the order quantity to 100
$o->set_join_field($user, 'quantity', 100);

[eluser]patie[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1280951335"]Do I understand it correctly if I say that you have a many-to-many relationship between User and Order?

In that case your relationship table, that links users to orders, MUST be called Order_users (name of both tables, alphabetical order). You then have two models, one for User and one for Order. You don't need a model for your relationship table.

You then run the query like this:
Code:
$obj = new Order();
// add select and group_by where needed
$obj->include_related('user')->get_by_id($order_id);

You update fields in the relationship table by using:
Code:
// Create objects
$u = new User();
$u->get_by_id($user_id);

$o = new Order();
$o->get_by_id($order_id);