Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]Prensil Technologies Pvt Ltd.[/eluser]
This is really Nice work.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi all,

I'm quite new to Codeigniter and tried to implement this Ion Auth in my upcoming project.
Thanks in advance Ben for your great work.

I experience some problems using Ion Auth with the example controller.
When I try to login, I end up in an endless loop producing:

"/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth../login"
until I stop the script execution.

Maybe helpful to know that I have to use kind of multi sites installation.

Means I have a share system (/system), my sites are stores in subfolders of "sites" (/sites/site1, /sites/site2 etc.)

Anybody an idea how to fix that?

BR

Zabel

[eluser]kimo_gusatava[/eluser]
Hi ben,

I was wondering how to implement $config['email_activation'];

is it like?
user register;
system send an email confirmation code
user click a link or enter an activation.

Was wondering how to do this using ion_auth...

Cheers!

[eluser]gscharlemann[/eluser]
kimo_gusatava

I've been monitoring the thread (and using the ion_auth package) for a while and think I can help answer your question:

When $config['email_activation'] is set to true:
1. a user registers,
2. the user is redirected to a page and told to check their email for an activation link
3. an email is sent to the user with the activation link
4. when the link in the email is clicked, the users account is set to Active and they are shown a login page

That is the default flow of the example controller provided. You can register at www.pyrocms.com for an example of how it works.

Thanks gscharlemann,

yup, thats how I want to see it but was having problem with the activation part (page).
plus I think I still have to implement the sending of email manually?
I was wondering if there is sample code for this...

EDIT:
heres the issue:
1) email not sending (I think I have to do this manually).
2) I tried manually inputting the activation code provided by the default sample code.
htt://domain.com/auth/activate/{id}/{activation_code}
*I grab the code from the sql but it didn't work.

Now if I ever have to create an email sending the user his/her activation code, I doubt it will activate.

I think I am missing something here.. anyone can help?

Cheers!

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
[quote author="ZabelInGruen" date="1282497516"]Hi all,

I'm quite new to Codeigniter and tried to implement this Ion Auth in my upcoming project.
Thanks in advance Ben for your great work.

I experience some problems using Ion Auth with the example controller.
When I try to login, I end up in an endless loop producing:

"/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth/auth../login"
until I stop the script execution.

Maybe helpful to know that I have to use kind of multi sites installation.

Means I have a share system (/system), my sites are stores in subfolders of "sites" (/sites/site1, /sites/site2 etc.)

Anybody an idea how to fix that?

BR

Zabel[/quote]

It could be a problem with a few files. If I were you, I would check your index.php for the base_url, your config.php for the system and application folder values and also your htaccess file.

Perhaps you could remove your htaccess, adjust the index.php to make sure you're including index.php and see if that helps after making sure your system folder value and application folder value are set correctly.

[eluser]basementDUDE[/eluser]
hello ben

I am using cart class and ion auth for my project, however, user will lose their cart when they logout because in the ion_auth lib logout() function call this $this->ci->session->sess_destroy(); function.

what I don’t understand is, you already unset all the login data above, why you still need to called sess_destory?

I have comment it out that line, will it make ion auth less secure?

thanks

disregard my comment... Big Grin

My fault, I forgot I transfered the methods into another class...
so activation works!
except the emailing the user upon registration part, this one can be done by my part...

Thanks!

disregard my comment... Big Grin

My fault, I forgot I transfered the methods into another class...
so activation works!
except the emailing the user upon registration part, this one can be done by my part...

Thanks!

[eluser]martynrlee[/eluser]
Hi,

I am currently trying to add address details to the registration system on ion auth and struggling to pull in data to the meta db.

I am adding fields to the $additional data array however they are not pulling through.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have noticed this function: $this->ion_auth->extra_set('', '');

Do I need to assign the additional fields using this, if so where?

Here is my registration function - you can see I have added the 'address' field:

Code:
//validate form input
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('first_name', 'First Name', 'required|xss_clean');
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('last_name', 'Last Name', 'required|xss_clean');
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('email', 'Email Address', 'required|valid_email');
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('phone1', 'Phone Number', 'required|xss_clean|min_length[3]|max_length[11]');
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('company', 'Company Name', 'required|xss_clean');
        $this->form_validation->set_rules('address', 'Address', 'required|xss_clean');

$this->form_validation->set_rules('password', 'Password', 'required|min_length['.$this->config->item('min_password_length', 'ion_auth').']|max_length['.$this->config->item('max_password_length', 'ion_auth').']|matches[password_confirm]');

$this->form_validation->set_rules('password_confirm', 'Password Confirmation', 'required');

if ($this->form_validation->run() == true) {
            $username  = strtolower($this->input->post('first_name')).' '.strtolower($this->input->post('last_name'));
            $email     = $this->input->post('email');
            $password  = $this->input->post('password');

$additional_data = array('first_name' => $this->input->post('first_name'),
                                     'last_name'  => $this->input->post('last_name'),
                                     'address'    => $this->input->post('address')    ,
                                     'company'    => $this->input->post('company'),
                                     'phone'      => $this->input->post('phone1'),

);
        }
        if ($this->form_validation->run() == true && $this->ion_auth->register($username,$password,$email,$additional_data)) { //check to see if we are creating the user
                //redirect them back to the admin page
            $this->session->set_flashdata('message', "Thanks for registering, please login");
               redirect("/auth/login/", 'refresh');
        }

All help most appreciated.

Martyn.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB