Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]shinokada[/eluser]
I suppose the author already knows this, but I found this in Preference_form.php
Code:
$this->field[$field]['label'] = ucwords(ereg_replace('_',' ',$field));

And PHP.org write about ereg_replace.
Code:
ereg_replace

Warning

This function has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0 and REMOVED as of PHP 6.0.0. Relying on this feature is highly discouraged.

I have a question about the next BeP version.
Current version of BeP uses 'Validation Class' which is deprecated in CI 1.7, so will the next BeP use 'Form validation class'?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="kakap" date="1266178016"]Hello, Im newbie and interest with BEP. does anybody has a simple sample project in using BEP ?. I found no articles yet in internet,[/quote]

This is the only article I know of, haven't read it myself. http://www.okadadesign.no/blog/?p=595 Its about creating an Event calender with BackendPro.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="pro18a" date="1266537728"]Hi,

I've just been directed to BackendPro from a newsletter article about it, and I've had a look around and really think it's a great concept.

It feels really harsh asking this question, but what kind of license does it come with? I.e. if I was to use it as part of a commercial project, I'd probably want to remove the BackendPro © Copyright 2008 - Adam Price - All rights Reserved line from the bottom as it would confuse the client... Would this be ok? I totally understand if you're not happy with this, and I'll knock something up my own way as I was going to do before... But it would be great to make use of something like this, as I was kind of dreading to the ACL permissions thing Smile

Great work though, from reading the first few posts in this thread I don't understand why everyone was having such a hard time understanding what it's all about - I get it! Nice!

Thanks,
Tom[/quote]

It comes with LGPL which allows you to sell it, but you must leave my copyright on the application somewhere.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="Waiel" date="1266543686"]Hi,
i just started to play with the BackendPro and it's amazing.
now while i try to build my own project
should i build it as a models ?,

in my project i need specific access list to it.
till now i don't know how to force check if the user is logged in or not. and how to check the access list that user have in my model.

Thanks[/quote]

What do you mean as models?

till now i don't know how to force check if the user is logged in or not
To check if a user is logged in or not just call this.
Code:
if($this->authentication->is_user())
{
<code to run>
}

and how to check the access list that user have in my model.
Please read this part of the User Guide

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="Tibor Katelbach" date="1266587569"][quote author="adamp1" date="1260470906"]This is an issue with using BackendPro and PHP 5.3, sadly the current version is not compatible. I do not have a fix for it as I am putting any spare time into BackendPro 1.0 which will be compatible with PHP 5.3.[/quote]

Hi
Are you certain about this
because I have a very strange behavior where
I have a test environment (latest CI) in which I install all sorts of modules for testing and where I installed BEP, and it worked perfectly.

so Then once I validated it, I pushed it into a clean new project that was going to use it
and I get this

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: 8192
Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated
Filename: libraries/Loader.php
Line Number: 414

so I beleive some other module corrected this issue in my playground environment but I have so many in there I don't know which one.
Are you sure it's php5 related ?
when is BEP1.0 due for ?
I compared the two File systems but hardly any structural difference
how can check the version of CI of my playground ?
I know my knew project is 7.2

Thanks for the thoughts
Tibor[/quote]

How can check the version of CI of my playground ?
It should tell you the version of BackendPro in your Control Panel, that or look in system/application/config/backendpro.php

When is BEP1.0 due for
Not sure, I am struggling to put time into development due to other projects atm.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="shinokada" date="1266610081"]I suppose the author already knows this, but I found this in Preference_form.php
Code:
$this->field[$field]['label'] = ucwords(ereg_replace('_',' ',$field));

And PHP.org write about ereg_replace.
Code:
ereg_replace

Warning

This function has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0 and REMOVED as of PHP 6.0.0. Relying on this feature is highly discouraged.

I have a question about the next BeP version.
Current version of BeP uses 'Validation Class' which is deprecated in CI 1.7, so will the next BeP use 'Form validation class'?[/quote]

Yes I do know about this, I am removing this from the next version. As for the next version it does use the new Form Validation class.

[eluser]pro18a[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1266812791"][quote author="pro18a" date="1266537728"]Hi,

I've just been directed to BackendPro from a newsletter article about it, and I've had a look around and really think it's a great concept.

It feels really harsh asking this question, but what kind of license does it come with? I.e. if I was to use it as part of a commercial project, I'd probably want to remove the BackendPro © Copyright 2008 - Adam Price - All rights Reserved line from the bottom as it would confuse the client... Would this be ok? I totally understand if you're not happy with this, and I'll knock something up my own way as I was going to do before... But it would be great to make use of something like this, as I was kind of dreading to the ACL permissions thing Smile

Great work though, from reading the first few posts in this thread I don't understand why everyone was having such a hard time understanding what it's all about - I get it! Nice!

Thanks,
Tom[/quote]

It comes with LGPL which allows you to sell it, but you must leave my copyright on the application somewhere.[/quote]

Ok that's great thanks, is it ok for the copyright notice to be in the source code only? I wouldn't dream of taking it out of there anyway. It's just having a name and link on the visible website that could cause an issue with the client.

Many thanks again,
Tom

[eluser]Tibor Katelbach[/eluser]
[quote author="pro18a" date="1266856379"]
Ok that's great thanks, is it ok for the copyright notice to be in the source code only? I wouldn't dream of taking it out of there anyway. It's just having a name and link on the visible website that could cause an issue with the client.[/quote]

Hi guys
I'd like to double that request
clients get scared , and keeps away tiring questions and explaining to be done.
REgadrs
Tibor

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
OK to clear things up. It is released under LGPL which means you can modify it however you want. The copyright must stay in the source files, but you are allowed to remove it on the web pages.

I would love if you left some link back to me in your credits, but I understand if that isn't possible. I think I will change from using LGPL to MIT for 1.0 since LGPL seems to cause a lot of misunderstanding.

[eluser]Tibor Katelbach[/eluser]
hi BackendPro guys
I'm starting to get familiar with the code structure
and the Back End is allready all good
but now I've started to build my front end but I don't really want to
follow a strict structure as it is done in BEP for the front end.
Never the less I want to profit from the modular architecture so I started
to build pieces in the modules folder , but I can't just remove Admin_controller>Site_Controller just like that, cause they don't work otherwise
and thought maybe someone has allready done this = a simple(as little dependency with BEP as possible) front end module in BEP modules folder ?

Thanks for the thoughts
Tibor

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB