Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]gscharlemann[/eluser]
Bernd
Thanks! Looks to be exactly what I need. I'll give it a go.
Greg

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
For one IE does not like the cookie having an underscore!
$config['sess_cookie_name'] = 'cisession';

It could also be the difference in the server and users
time.

InsiteFX

[eluser]loopy2[/eluser]
does this have oauth authentication ?

[eluser]Rob Pomeroy[/eluser]
That's left as an exercise for the user, but the code is very hackable. It's something I'm planning to implement but I can't commit to any time scale.

[eluser]gscharlemann[/eluser]
Bernd

Hybrid Session library (http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/124821/) fixed the session issue I had in IE. Thanks for the help!

[eluser]joytopia[/eluser]
Greg,

I had the same problems before and I am glad, that I could help you.

Best regards
Bernd

[eluser]jonldavis[/eluser]
[quote author="Rob Pomeroy" date="1284035352"]Now to take a good look at your library! I'll be wanting to drop in reCAPTCHA, OpenID and possibly LDAP in due course... [/quote]

I'm working on integrating CI with an existing intranet, and LDAP is exactly what I need. The existing libraries are pretty cumbersome to use, so if any progress is made on an Ion/LDAP feature, I'd be interested. I had started on my own (non-Ion) library already, but if there's progress on this, I'd love to know.

For another project OpenID would be the best way, but I haven't started even looking at that yet.

[eluser]carvingCode[/eluser]
I'm getting a MySQL error when dumping in the table create query text. I'm using the version of ion_auth I got from GitHub today. MySQL version is: 5.1.36

The error seems to be related to the 'id int NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1)' line.

I've been using an earlier version of ion_auth (from June '10) and the table structures seem to have changed since then.

Any assist would be helpful.

[eluser]wortell[/eluser]
Hmmm not sure what i'm doing wrong,...

i'm using HVMC, with the latest of CI (2.0) and MS/E (5.3+) and have other similar modules running perfectly...

goal:
try to keep the ion_auth stuff as a module of authentication... thusly, inside the modules/ folder.

as a result of looking at the pyrocms (for example only) by @phil, I'm doing what I need to do... in my case I made an "modules/auth/" and all the files are in there... including the config/,views/, etc....

the trouble I'm running into apparently is that it's:

Code:
An Error Was Encountered

The configuration file auth/ion_auth.php does not exist.

which is interesting cuz in the auth.php controller itself i literally (right before the config file is loaded) - do a fetch on the module - just to see if that's keeping it's value:

Code:
public function __construct()
    {
        $this->ci =& get_instance();

echo $this->ci->router->fetch_module();
                // result: "auth"

$this->ci->load->config('auth/ion_auth', TRUE);
        $this->ci->load->library('email');
        $this->ci->load->library('session');
        $this->ci->lang->load('auth/ion_auth');
        $this->ci->load->model('auth/ion_auth_model');
        $this->ci->load->helper('cookie');

I'm sure this is elementary but after scrubbing forums, search, etc... i'm alas left with a forum submission...

thanks for any and all who can help.

UPDATE!!!!
------------------------
for some reason the auth thing now works... (i think i was juggling 3 ways to get it to work and after rifling thru and backing it all out... all seems better...

BUT!
now, my situation is that it definitely loads the /modules/auth/config/ion_auth.php file correctly, and yet it gives me now this error...

Code:
An Error Was Encountered

Unable to locate the file: auth/login.php

it's happening on one of those redirect('auth/login')'s i think but i'm not sure why it's saying that auth/login.php doesn't exist, cuz it's clearly in the view area.

(this is where I'm gonna look stupid, i can feel it!)

I think it's because my naming it "auth" and there's a folder in view/ as auth/ that things are getting auth'd up... Smile

will try renaming it to users. and try once more.

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
carvingCode,

Looks like you're using the MS SQL file instead of the MySQL file. The MySQL file is named ion_auth.sql.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB