{
        parent::Public_Controller();
    }

function index()
    {
        echo 'yo';
    }
}

When i run http://mysite/welcome/test it prints 'hi' instead of 'yo'...

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
No this would not be possible. It is a matchbox thing and you would have to re-write the entire Loader.php and MY_Router.php files.

It will be possible to do but as said you will need to re-write matchbox to do so.

[eluser]donovandp[/eluser]
Hi Guys,

I have been having issues this past week getting BEP 0.6.1 working with CI 1.72. I have followed the instructions (even instructions posted in this topic) and the BEP installation process completes successfully with no errors (even checked the log).

Everytime I browse to the index page, I am asked to download index.php!?

I know the previous issue with CI 1.71 and PHP 5.3.0 and I can't see why I am still getting this with BEP and the latest CI?

I am running XAMPP 1.7.2 (on MAC OSX) with PHP 5.3.

Any help would be aprreicated. I really would like to get BEP working asap.

Thanks,
Donovan du Plessis (ZA)

[eluser]useeme_p[/eluser]
sound like php is not installed correctly or an .htaccess is causing problems. Have you check the error logs?

Hi useeme_p,

I am running my own site successfully (1.7.2 with php 5.3.0) with a working .htaccess file (it doesn't use BEP). I have installed applications like clientbase, online tutorials etc. and they all work correctly on my server.

When I installed BEP, I never created an .htaccess file anyway cause that will not solve my issue here.

I will browse through my error logs and see if there is something that stands out.

Cheers,
Donovan

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
@donovandp: It does sound like a php issue. So does a basic CI install no BackendPro work on its own? I do know of some issues with BeP 0.6.1 and php 5.3.0 but it wouldn't be this issue you would see warning thrown up in the code.

Hi adamp1,

Yes my CI 1.7.2 runs perfectly as a base install. I am developing a recruitment application at the moment and it is running fine. I have run through many tutorials found on the internet (doctrine, webcart etc) and they are working correctly on my server.

I only have the problem when I run BEP. Even though installation is successfull, if I browse to http://localhost/backendpro/index.php it asks me to download the webpage? Very strange.

I am obviously running XAMPP on Mac OSX and I am convinced that this is my issue here. I read through the error_log and I find this entry everytime I access BEP:

[notice] child pid 824 exit signal Bus error (10)

I have read articles on the internet regarding this error message and it sounds like it could be my php installation (even though it comes bundled in the XAMPP package).

I am going to remove XAMPP (possibly try a newer version first), install php etc manually, or try another package like MAMPP.

I am a bit despondant at the moment but hopefully I can sort this issue out!

Thanks for your interest and help,
Donovan

Hi,

I removed XAMPP and switched to MAMPP. I installed BEP and everything is working correctly, finally! I notice that the PHP version installed with the latest version of MAMPP is 5.2.11.

Cheers,
Donovan

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Glad to hear it works. Strange I am running the latest XAMPP with BackendPro and its fine.

[eluser]alainm[/eluser]
adamp1: The current SVN doesn't seen to allow any add/modify of users?

is there code missing?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB