Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
1.) Planned but much harder than you think. Right now the system is modular and has no format, as encforcing URL structures or anything else would mean modules were very limited in what they can do.

2.) The navigation module will be depreciated as soon as Yorick creates a useable Widget system. We will have a Menu widget so no more navigation required. Improved ordering interface will be added to the Menu widget.

3.) I still don't know what you mean by "more than one page output". How exactly would that work and why would you need it? If you need a sidebar with custom content soon you can just put a widget area in there. Or create a master view for your module that each page uses as a wrapper.

4.) Form manager is a bloody big job and not something I have the time or the energy to look into. If you want to have a go at making one, or think you'd like to integrate an existing system like CodeExtinguisher then please do so. I'd love to take a look if you can produce something. :-)

I have a plan for my page manager, you should see something awesome fairly shortly.

[eluser]Ernst_[/eluser]
1.) True - but for user functionality it is much better.

2.) Nice

3.) Like here: http://www.ey.com/NL/nl/Home u see Service, Marktsectoren, Carriere. So there are 3 fields to modify.

4.) I will, it will be based on CI.

@page manager ->awesome. I'll keep refreshing the website for updating Wink

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
3.) That page only requires one output with a few divs. No way to make that asier for users that i can think of right now.

4.) Will this be done as an add-on for PyroCMS or another stand-alone system? There are already many stand-alones for this.

@page manager just subscribe to the GitHub activity feed or watch the project lol.

Right, back to my book! Hospital is boring. :-(

[eluser]Ernst_[/eluser]
Hospital sucks Smile Books are lame to Tongue

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
As Phil stated earlier the navigation menu as it is today will be replaced with a widget. Some other parts of the site might be replaced my widgets as well, such as the "Social bookmarking" thingy. Currently I can't point out a date on which the widgets system will be released, but I can tell you that currently the system is able to do pretty much everything with widgets, with the exception of two things :

1. Installing widgets - Simply haven't included this yet. Installing a widget is relatively simple. Just upload it using your FTP program, go to the backend and hit the activate button. PyroCMS will do the dirty work for you.

2. Displaying widgets - I deleted my widgets table by accident a few weeks ago so I have to figure out which keys and values I was using for each widget. Tongue

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
In the template we put the assets directory, and in the final html code it is possible to see the path to this folder. In the official site of PyroCMS there is this line
Code:
<link href="/demo/application/themes/lazydays/css/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
but i have a trouble... but may be this offer a security problem because in this way the application folder is visible in the code

PS: please excuse my poor english

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="abmcr" date="1253914582"]In the template we put the assets directory, and in the final html code it is possible to see the path to this folder. In the official site of PyroCMS there is this line
Code:
<link href="/demo/application/themes/lazydays/css/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
but i have a trouble... but may be this offer a security problem because in this way the application folder is visible in the code

PS: please excuse my poor english[/quote]

It doesn't pose any threat since the user can't access the directories directly (if your server is configured properly).

[eluser]shinokada[/eluser]
When I edit pages, it shows nicely without html enties.
However as you can see in the demo here, http://pyrocms.com/news/2009/09/Welcome-to-PyroCMS, it shows html tags as well.

Could anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
I seem to have a problem no matter what server I install this on, I have to do the manual sql files. When I do the install on my local server it just says to check my settings, (they are the same that i use for db connections inside ci) and on my godaddy server (got rid of) AND my new Media Temple Grid Server I get..

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: mysqli in ...../installer/includes/database_class.php on line 15

...../ is my server path.. Any ideas?

EDIT: figured out, for some reason i swore i changed my server to php 5, but it was still on 4... anyway, when I try to install the error is "Dummy data could not be installed, please check settings" BUT it DOES install tables and default user. suggestions?

[eluser]Ernst_[/eluser]
ye - I had the same. Website should be working with the error when installing.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB