Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Authentication 2 Beta Released

[eluser]ChangedNames[/eluser]
That just looks like the CI user guide to me. Am I missing something?

[eluser]MPiccinato[/eluser]
Regarding the tables in Redux Auth, it seems that 'groups' is used to identify user roles? If so why was it not called 'roles'?

[eluser]sszynrae[/eluser]
hello and thank you for this library. I am trying to implement the beta myself at the moment, and it seems to be going pretty smoothly, but I'm wondering if there are any backwards compatibility issues that are not fixed in CI 1.7. I say this because I can't get my my logged_in()function to return true.

For instance, form_validation has been deprecated in favour of validation, but that doesn't really make any difference. I don't really know much about sessions, but you are using the syntax
$this->ci->session->userdata($identity) some places whereas it's described in the userguide to be used without the ci-> part. Anyway, registration works great, and generally the code is is very sleek and readable.

Hope you finish this one day : )

actually, it all seems to work perfectly now, and i don't really know how library files should be written so disregard my previous. must have done something silly to make it not work.

One question though. I see the logged_in checks for true in session->userdata($identity). i've extended this so that if im logged in, and want to do stuff with my user info, I query the database for users where $identity_column matches session->userdata($identity). is this a safe way to do this?

Actually, also, is there a good reason why the login function is in the model but in the example it's called to via the function in the library? Shouldn't it just be in the library so we don't need to load the model everywhere as well?

[eluser]nell789[/eluser]
I am looking for an authentication solution for my current project, and have been looking through the different CI libraries such as DX Auth, FreakAuth, MeNeedz Auth and others. I think I want to go ahead with Redux 2, as it seems to be the best library for CI 1.7 out there, but am having trouble finding any real type of documentation to help me get started. In the download package here http://code.google.com/p/reduxauth/ the only user guide present is the CI user guide from what I can tell. Is there a tutorial or a userguide that I cannot find?

Or am I wrong in my conclusion that Redux is the superior library out there? I did notice that it hasn't had much discussion around it recently, while other ones have.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
I don't know about Redux but every auth library is used depending on your needs.

PS. It's still in Beta

I can't speak for all of the other authentication libraries out there, but this is better than freakauth at least. As for userguide, yes, that is not much help at the moment. Best thing to do is to work with the example controller found in the beta.

[eluser]nell789[/eluser]
Thanks, it looks like I will have to learn the hard way if I choose to march on with Redux.

[eluser]txomin[/eluser]
First and foremost, my heartfelt appreciation goes to the devs of Redux. Thank you very, very much.

I see that there has been no progress for the past 3 months (browsing the source and change logs). I do not mean to nag at all. I know you guys must be busy. I dig it. But I would like to know if development has died out or is coming soon or will have to wait a few months...

I ask because I've been modifying the code and am concerned that, by the time the next release comes about, migration might have become next to impossible (for a guy like me, that is, a complete php-moron).

Any word (even part of a word) from you guys will be most appreciated.

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Hi guys
Does any1 know how to debug redux auth, so I can see any erros when redux tries to send mail with activation code. I mean, to see errors when anything related to mail

This is because I've transferred the application to live domain, and isn't sending mail (having properly configured all the settings, and testing smtp config successfuly)

Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB