Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Blaze - The start of something hot!

[eluser]Elliot Haughin[/eluser]
Hey guys... the next update will include a tried and tested htaccess along with a basic installer.
There will also be a change in the way templates work... There will be a stronger push for 'blocks', to allow functionality to be pushed to certain areas of the layout.

Elliot

[eluser]Thoer[/eluser]
[quote author="Elliot Haughin" date="1203813845"]Hey guys... the next update will include a tried and tested htaccess along with a basic installer.
There will also be a change in the way templates work... There will be a stronger push for 'blocks', to allow functionality to be pushed to certain areas of the layout.

Elliot[/quote]

Sounds great! Smile

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
This IS going to be hot. Where there has been so much talk and good intentions, trust Elliot to deliver.

I'm hoping the CMS takes a fully template-centric approach like EE for the display of content.

Most CMSs control content display from the gui manager. Sure you define blocks in your template, but you control what content displays and how it's displayed in the manager.

Displaying content is simple, but it must be flexible. That's where EE and other similar CMSs shine. Display is completely managed from the template. EE uses custom tags, but the same thing can be done with regular php by calling modules with parameters - see wireddesignz' HMVC contribution. The modules populate and display partials.

The manager should be only for creating/managing content, not displaying it in my humble opinion.

Edit: Here is an article expressing the same opinion:
http://gadgetopia.com/post/2090

hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that there is a screenshot available of the next admin interface that should be bundled with the next blaze release...

]Blaze CodeIgniter Cms

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
OOOOOH. Nice UI Elliot. It looks like its making a lot of progress.
I urge you thou to get away from the EE inspired page action buttons in the upper right. This is very much against almost all usability.

[eluser]strogg[/eluser]
Modern and intuitive interface, looking good.

1. Im adding specific layouts, and we need layout packs for specific niches (business, travel, health etc. ), this will very helpful i think.

2. Also are you thinking about using Htmltidy or like code cleaning library ? Because respecting W3C web standarts is very important thing.

P.S. For content editor I prefer TinyMCE , Blaze must have this, new version released. TinyMCE 3.0.1. It has lots of features, international language support and customizable XHTML 1.0 output. This is great for Blaze, all the user inputs can be filter by TinyMCE and blocks invalid elements and force valid attributes.

TinyMCE http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/index.php

i.e.

tinyMCE.init({
valid_elements : "a[href|target=_blank],strong/b,div[align],br"
});

Waiting for next release, keep it up. Thanks.

[eluser]Gjoko Pargo[/eluser]
Hay Elliot, I've just installed the 0.9 release! This project won't be hot - It is hot already!!!

Currently I am working on an extranet ordering system in CI for the pharmaceutical industry and I don't have too much time since I am working as a full time Java developer (with PHP background), thus working on web based projects is only a way for me to earn extra money.
But... if for my next project I get to work on a CMS (which is the most likely thing to happen), be assured I will get involved with the Blaze development.

What I am about to write in the following paragraph is hopefully something that the search engine of this forum will be able to index and then help everyone that is just starting to play with CI. Everyone was shouting for a full blown tutorial for CI. Your CMS is just that!

Keywords: full blown tutorial code example project help howto how to CMS application

[eluser]Gjoko Pargo[/eluser]
And then... the disappointment. Whats with the license???
Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works

# Attribution. You must give the original author credit.
# Non-Commercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
# No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

Don't you think it's a little bit restrictive ?

Hi, thanks for your comments, I really appreciate the feedback.
Blaze development is still continuing at a fast rate, and soon there should be a new update with much more back-end functionality (blog admin, navigation admin, etc...)

Regarding the license, I have mentioned before that Blaze will be re-licensed at version 1.0 to make it less restrictive. For now, the CC license was just there to 'get it out the door' for basic alpha-testing.

At the moment, Blaze isn't really production-environment ready, and the license reflects this.

[eluser]Jack McDade[/eluser]
Did production stop?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB