Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
You may need to clear your cache files as the models will have stored the wrong field names. Still not sure why you would be receiving the SQL error message. Check all the commands were run without errors.

Having homepage as the news module was a bit of a CodeIgniter hack. I changed the default_controller in applicaion/config/routes.php to be "news" instead of "pages". There is no way to make this work via the database nicely, at least nothing I have been able to think of.

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
all sql files supposedly ran correctly with no errors. Like I said when I changed parent to parent_id in the pages table it was fixed. Was there no change to this? Thats a weird thing to happen if you never changed the name of that field. Anyway, Great cms still.

Hows the forum module coming along? or is it in development yet?

P.S. I feel very stupid. I cant believe I couldnt think of changing the default controller, thats so obvious. Thanks alot.

Josh

That is very strange. I changed the field from parent to parent_id a while back to make it more standard and could have sworn I listed the change in the UPGRADE file. It has now been added, sorry about that.

The forum module is... kinda done. Needs the views cleaned, language strings added and some little tweaks here and there. You can grab the code from the "forums" branch on GitHub if you want to give it a spin.

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
awesome.. checking it out now.

EDIT: ran sql, no settings show up in admin.. no biggy... went to /forums it gives me error table forums doesnt exist. Checked my db, I have Forums not forums. changed forums to Forums in the model, then its telling me another table doesnt exist.. This is all due to capitalization. Also the admin module for forums (/forums/admin) is complaining about missing something from freakauth...

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/admin.php

Line Number: 10

I know its a very alpha cutting edge, dunno if your server isnt case sensitive or something. Anyway, if you want I can take the time to go through all the capitalization problems and fix it if you dont have time and send you the updated files, but I am not sure whats up with the backend of authorization in this cms (using freakauth light?) since I havent delved deep into the code yet.

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
For users not logged in it would help to have the captcha show up so they may submit a word. As of right now my sites, and the demo site just have a blank space where non-logged in users should see a captcha to leave a comment. Smile

[quote author="jgdovin" date="1255046842"]awesome.. checking it out now.

EDIT: ran sql, no settings show up in admin.. no biggy... went to /forums it gives me error table forums doesnt exist. Checked my db, I have Forums not forums. changed forums to Forums in the model, then its telling me another table doesnt exist.. This is all due to capitalization. Also the admin module for forums (/forums/admin) is complaining about missing something from freakauth...

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: controllers/admin.php

Line Number: 10

I know its a very alpha cutting edge, dunno if your server isnt case sensitive or something. Anyway, if you want I can take the time to go through all the capitalization problems and fix it if you dont have time and send you the updated files, but I am not sure whats up with the backend of authorization in this cms (using freakauth light?) since I havent delved deep into the code yet.[/quote]

I have not even started the admin for the forums module yet, forgot to mention that.

I will upgrade the branch and post the forum.sql tonight. Like I said its still very... shit and nowhere near going in the main release. ;-)

[quote author="jgdovin" date="1255066922"]For users not logged in it would help to have the captcha show up so they may submit a word. As of right now my sites, and the demo site just have a blank space where non-logged in users should see a captcha to leave a comment. Smile[/quote]

Yeah the captcha is broken in v0.9.6.2 on some servers. Having trouble fixing it as I cannot re-create the sodding problem locally and it seems to work fine everywhere Yorick puts his codebase.

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
haha I will take a look at captcha and see whats up. Like I said my server doesnt show the picture, nor does the demo server you have up. Look forward to the new sql file, I will have to backtrack and figure out what items were added with the other sql, no big deal. I will be keeping my eye out for the update.

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
The captcha problem is a weird one. It works perfectly fine on both my local server and my website, but it fails to show up at the pyrocms website and demo installation. Now it seems it also fails to show up at other websites.

[eluser]jgdovin[/eluser]
K I fixed it... http://onlytechnews.com/news/2009/10/New-CMS-New-Start

Here is what I did.. /application/modules/comments/views/form.php I changed lines 33 and 34..

Origional:
Code:
$vals = array(
    'img_path'     => APPPATH.$this->settings->item('captcha_folder'),
    'img_url'     => base_url().APPPATH_URI.$this->settings->item('captcha_folder')
    );

NOW:
Code:
$vals = array(
    'img_path'     => $this->settings->item('captcha_folder'),
    'img_url'     => base_url().$this->settings->item('captcha_folder')
    );

printing out the $vars array showed that APPPATH and APPPATH_URI were adding an extra unneeded /application/

EDIT: I suppose the same could be done by removing application/ from the settings table. Maybe that is the problem, somehow that got thrown in there on one of the revisions that you arent using. Which way are you all going to go with this so that I may keep mine updated to your standards?

EDIT EDIT: Ok I tried changing the setting on the demo site that did not fix the problem. removing the APPPATH did on my server though.

Madness, it looks like that bug was noticed and an UPGRADE rule was added back in v0.9.5.3, however the install SQL was never updated.

By modifying the database and leving APPATH in it means sites with multiple installs wont be affecting each other's cache folders.

Thanks for spotting this though, it was taking me quite a while to solve debugging on the live server.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB