Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.7.0 Released

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
[quote author="Rick Ellis" date="1225077240"]Can I make a request to those who have encountered bugs? Please post them in our bug tracker. It's really hard to track and resolve bugs in a single forum thread like this, where there are so many people posting. Thanks a lot...[/quote]

Hi All

I don't want to post this in the bugs section, as I am not sure if it is a bug yet...or if I am just missing something trivial.

I am just getting used to the new validation class (form_validation) and for some reason the validation error message validation_errors() will never display anything.

A little digging deeper into the file form_helper.php, and we have starting on line 945:
Code:
if ( ! isset($CI->load->_ci_classes) OR  ! isset($CI->load->_ci_classes['form_validation']))
        {
            return $return;
        }

However the $CI->load seems a bit weird to me, var dumping $CI->load->_ci_classes generates a variable is not set notice and returns null. I am thinking that the $_ci_classes variable it is trying to access is in the loader class, Loader.php in the library folder line 37:
Code:
var $_ci_classes        = array();

Changing the $CI->load->_ci_classes to $CI->loader->_ci_classes (and all other occurences) will actually fix the problem for me and generate the validation error output through the function validation_errors().

Has anyone experienced this? Does the validation error message show up for you? If it does, I will be sitting here wondering how?

Thanks for your help Smile

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
stuffradio and nizsmo ajax has nothing to do with server site programming. If you create an ajax library in php it means you are generating javascript. And because you can ajax everything a library will only limit your possibilities.

[eluser]Emrys[/eluser]
I haven't been here in a while, but I had to login to say thanks for this fantastic release. The improved form validation and session db changes are worth their weight in gold Smile.

huzzah!
M

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
[quote author="nizsmo" date="1225108456"][quote author="Rick Ellis" date="1225077240"]Can I make a request to those who have encountered bugs? Please post them in our bug tracker. It's really hard to track and resolve bugs in a single forum thread like this, where there are so many people posting. Thanks a lot...[/quote]

Hi All

I don't want to post this in the bugs section, as I am not sure if it is a bug yet...or if I am just missing something trivial.

I am just getting used to the new validation class (form_validation) and for some reason the validation error message validation_errors() will never display anything.

A little digging deeper into the file form_helper.php, and we have starting on line 945:
Code:
if ( ! isset($CI->load->_ci_classes) OR  ! isset($CI->load->_ci_classes['form_validation']))
        {
            return $return;
        }

However the $CI->load seems a bit weird to me, var dumping $CI->load->_ci_classes generates a variable is not set notice and returns null. I am thinking that the $_ci_classes variable it is trying to access is in the loader class, Loader.php in the library folder line 37:
Code:

Changing the $CI->load->_ci_classes to $CI->loader->_ci_classes (and all other occurences) will actually fix the problem for me and generate the validation error output through the function validation_errors().

Has anyone experienced this? Does the validation error message show up for you? If it does, I will be sitting here wondering how?

Thanks for your help Smile[/quote]

I had this problem too but couldn't work out for the life of me what was wrong.

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
[quote author="Adam Griffiths" date="1225119606"][quote author="nizsmo" date="1225108456"][quote author="Rick Ellis" date="1225077240"]Can I make a request to those who have encountered bugs? Please post them in our bug tracker. It's really hard to track and resolve bugs in a single forum thread like this, where there are so many people posting. Thanks a lot...[/quote]

Hi All

Code:
        {
            return $return;
        }

Code:

I had this problem too but couldn't work out for the life of me what was wrong.[/quote]

If you change line 945 and 950 in form_helper.php from $CI->load->... to $CI->loader->... does thhat fix your problem? If it does then you have the same problem as me Tongue

[quote author="nizsmo" date="1225121091"][quote author="Adam Griffiths" date="1225119606"][quote author="nizsmo" date="1225108456"][quote author="Rick Ellis" date="1225077240"]Can I make a request to those who have encountered bugs? Please post them in our bug tracker. It's really hard to track and resolve bugs in a single forum thread like this, where there are so many people posting. Thanks a lot...[/quote]

Hi All

Code:
        {
            return $return;
        }

Code:

I had this problem too but couldn't work out for the life of me what was wrong.[/quote]

If you change line 945 and 950 in form_helper.php from $CI->load->... to $CI->loader->... does thhat fix your problem? If it does then you have the same problem as me Tongue[/quote]

Yeah it's the same problem. Tongue

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Hmm interesting...but I have heard many people saying that their form_validation libraries work properly, but I don't see how it would work? Any ideas?

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Adam was this the same problem you and I worked together?

Randy

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Hey randy

Saw your thread with Adam, I think the problem in that thread sounds quite similar to the problem which I have posted...
Did you end up figuring out a solution for this?

Thanks,

Joe

[quote author="Randy Casburn" date="1225121955"]Adam was this the same problem you and I worked together?

Randy[/quote]

Yea it was Randy.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB