Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]Random dude[/eluser]
Before I commit to a titanic search can someone tell me if you installation under CI2 has been discussed yet? Or is it just an obvious affair for real CI programmers?

Looking forward to using this library! or is it helper?

Thanks all!

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Nicholas,

It's a library and it works fine under CI2. Someone did mention an error in 2.0.1 but never got back to me so if you have any problems feel free to email me.

[eluser]AkSuicide[/eluser]
thank you very much for ur time expended working in this system, take me about 1 hour integrating with my app.

thanks again and best luck
Peter

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
Greetings again!

I am using ion auth a lot in projects now. I absolutely love it.

Now I am doing something I cant seem to get it to do though.

How do I update someones password as an admin without knowing the previous one?

[eluser]Satlavida[/eluser]
@Maglok : the easiest way is using phpmyadmin. Go to phpmyadmin go to the user on edit field and then in function block put md5 option and then next to that add you password.

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
I don't think that would actually work.

I am trying to write a backend where admins that dont know how to work phpmyadmin can do it. Also I am sure ion auth uses a salt, thus just encoding a field is not going to work.

At the moment I have just edited the ion_auth model to not check on the old password before changing to the new one through the normal change_password function. Though I don't really want to edit ion_auth 'core' files. Smile

[eluser]Frank Rocco[/eluser]
I have some users that cannot log in.

What is the best way to track down this issue?
There passwords seem to be ok, but the page just refreshes.

Should I update to the latest version?
I added some extra fields, what module do I need to be careful I do not overwrite?

Thanks

[eluser]tieungao[/eluser]
Hi behemunds,

When try to using newest version of Ionauth with CI 2.0.2 and grocery CRUD, i got this error :

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'group, groups.description AS group_description, meta.fullname, meta.cmnd, meta.p' at line 1

SELECT users.*, groups.name AS group, groups.description AS group_description, meta.fullname, meta.cmnd, meta.phone FROM (users) LEFT JOIN meta ON users.id = meta.user_id LEFT JOIN groups ON users.group_id = groups.id WHERE `users`.`id` = '1' LIMIT 1

Filename: D:\wamp\www\crud\system\database\DB_driver.php

Line Number: 330

Is this related with ion auth or just my mistake?

Thanks

[eluser]Random dude[/eluser]
Ben can you or another grand master please critique this library (which is auto-loaded in autoload.php) and tell me if this code will actually work and not leave my cms open to the world?

Code:
<?php  if ( ! defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed');

class Check_logged_in {

public function __construct()
    {
        $CI =& get_instance();
        $CI->load->library('ion_auth');
        $CI->load->helper('url');

if (!$CI->ion_auth->logged_in())
        {
            redirect( base_url() . "index.php/auth/login");
        }
    }
}
?>

Cheers.

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Maglok,

Just pass the new password to update_user().

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB