Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]flokky[/eluser]
Adam, Do you know how I can load the language file of other modules?

Example: in the back-end menu.php, I want to use the language file from module 'A'. So in the home.php controller constructor, I do
Code:
$this->load->module_model('A','A_model','A');

Then in the index I do:
Code:
$data['module'] ='A';
$this->lang->load('A');

But this is giving me this error:
Code:
An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested language file: language/A_lang.php

In the log this is the output:
Code:
---Matchbox---
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Finding: models/A_model.php
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Looking in: C:\wamp\www\backendpro/system/application/../../modules/A/models/A_model.php
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Found
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> --------------
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Model Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Base_model Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> A_model Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Home Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> ---Matchbox---
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Finding: language/dutch/template_lang.php
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> No valid caller
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Looking in: C:\wamp\www\backendpro/system/application/../../modules//language/dutch/A_lang.php
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Looking in: C:\wamp\www\backendpro/system/application/language/dutch/A_lang.php
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Looking in: C:\wamp\www\backendpro/system/language/dutch/A_lang.php
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> Not found
DEBUG - 2008-04-24 11:05:10 --> --------------

It looks like the name of the module is omitted, which results in a 'file not found'. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

No need to say, I don't want to add those language-module specific things in the language file in the system/application folder, which'll break the modular independency.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
To load a modules language file you need to use
Code:
$this->load->module_language()

I know what you mean by calling module files to create menu items so there modular, this is one thing I am looking into. Since atm the system isn't as modular as I want.

Also another thing, Iv been very busy the last 2 weeks so very little work has been done on BeP. Good news though, I am just sorting some things out, one of these is better project management. You should be able to download the latest code from SVN soon with better issue tracking. To go with this I hope to release a new version with some required additions.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
New Development Home
Right, BeP has a new development home. I was running everything from google code but it didn't offer very much so have instead moved things over to Assembla. What this will mean is you will be able to get the code out of the repository between version releases, full issue tracking is also available and file downloads have been moved over also.

So for anything to do with BackendPro head over to its development home. Of course for information on BackendPro please do checkout the BackendPro project on my blog.

Another bit of news is a new version should be coming out soon. As I have said before, it won't be anything major since the project is still in alpha but it should push the project closer to moving out of its alpha stages.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
I don't want to seem as if I'm hijacking your thread, I just wanted to congratulate you on your work so far, I love me some competition Tongue

[eluser]wemago[/eluser]
I really like where you taking this, but isn't it a bit slow?
Here in my localhost it's taking more than a second to load, eventually 2 seconds and this IMHO its really slow.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Ummm, which part is slow? The administration area?

I have just tried my local install of it and it takes just over 1s. Do you use firebug to work out the speeds? If so what is taking all the time to load?

[eluser]wemago[/eluser]
ok I think its my computer that's guilty, I tried in my notebook and its doing around 0.4 seconds. Smile

another thing you should add an "cancel" button near the "add/save" ones, so we can be redirect to the previous page Smile

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Will add it to my todo list, sadly atm I have no time at all to do any work on it. Hopefully I will soonish.

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Does this backendpro is made to be extend, mean add menu item right in it etc. etc. ? i realy have to find my way in it i feel stupid atm Smile

realy you seem to had done a great work.

Jtaby : have you get able to make a comparaison with codex and this ?

see ya around guys

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yes you can just add your code straight in. It will be more modular with a better way to store menu items, but that's in the pipeline.

To do with a comparison with codex, yes they both provide administration features for a website, but where codex makes it simple to control the actual data, BackendPro focus on the underlying control systems, e.g advanced user authentication etc. So depending on what you want both are good.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB