Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A3M - Account Authentication & Authorization Module

[eluser]Peng Kong[/eluser]
create a limited access to your hosting and i'll solve it for you and you can disable that access later -.- [email protected]

if twitter, yahoo, google works... means it's nothing to do with query strings... if you query strings aren't working then those wont work too.

what is your website url? what did u put at the "Site URL" in facebook?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have suffered with the facebook issue for a few weeks until i finally figured out a solution, it's related to cross-domain cookie posting that by default is not allowed in IE and Safari or at least not without the correct P3P headers or decreasing security settings in IE. so here it is :-)

If you're using IE, to resolve the infinite redirect to the login screen, add the following code to libraries/Authentication.php at the end of the sign_in() function and before the "redirect('');" line:
Code:
if (stristr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE'))
{
         header('p3p: CP="ALL DSP COR PSAa PSDa OUR NOR ONL UNI COM NAV"');
}

You may also add the same code in controller/connect_facebook.php right before the "header......" line at the end of the index() function. This should resolve the issues with IE.

For Safari, there is a fix as well that involves adding jQuery code within the FB.Event.subscribe() function and inside controller/connect_facebook.php as well.

-Nazih

[eluser]DavidFisherman[/eluser]
I missed one change, you need to insert the same code above in controller/connect_create.php on line 86 or right before the load->view line.

[eluser]Blue Sapphire[/eluser]
I have installed this two three days before (so newbie for it). Twitter and facebook logins are workng fine.

http://articlecon.com/phpdemo/sbid/account/sign_in

Iam little bit confused in A3M login process. I think that when user clicks on facebook, it takes user to facebook login. After successful login it takes back to the original website.

After that I don't see any user information in session from facebook. Facebook table (in database) is empty.

Can soem one guide me, what Iam doing wrong and how it can be rectified.

Thanks in advance

[eluser]Citizen[/eluser]
Just a heads up, the wiki page for this has an expired demo link:

http://codeigniter.com/wiki/A3M_Account_...orization/

Not sure what it should be.

[eluser]Citizen[/eluser]
Just getting started with this.

Users can sign up/in but nothing is getting recorded in the database. After signing in it just directs me to the home page.

Also, what is the difference between signing up and signing in when using google/fb/openid?

[eluser]Chimpski[/eluser]
PK,

Thank you for creating this library.

I understand you not wanting to to be the sole maintainer and creator of new innovations.

I have implemented a Role based ACL which works well from the following:
http://www.tastybytes.net/blog/simple-ac...odeigniter

It was modifier for codeigniter from:
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/a-...in-system/

It looks to be very similar in it's DB structure as your yet to be implemented DB structure for roles and permissions.

[eluser]jakub[/eluser]
[quote author="Citizen" date="1299644699"]Just getting started with this.

Users can sign up/in but nothing is getting recorded in the database. After signing in it just directs me to the home page.

Also, what is the difference between signing up and signing in when using google/fb/openid?[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head, this is one of the issues I don't like, it should just be 'login' not 'sign in' 'sign up', 1 clear and concise process. As a login is either an account creation or a 'log in' into an existing account. All this extra stuff confuses people.

I have been working on a stripped down openid only version of a3m, which due to time I have not been able to push out yet. Stay tuned, when I finish my current project I will publish it, I have stripped out all the fluff I think from a3m and removed it from its module folder to have all contents sit in models/views/controllers, as if it was your app, in case people need to modify things like login / account details

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB