Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]ssyberg[/eluser]
I'm having a little trouble seeing the benefit of the meta table. If I understand this correctly, the meta and users table have a 1:1 relationship. Per group meta tables make sense since there are often group specific fields (basic sub/super type relationship), but it's my understanding that this is not the intended use with Ion_Auth. Can someone explain the motivation behind the meta table (and perhaps add more information on the meta table to the documentation)?

Thanks!

[eluser]DirkZz[/eluser]
[quote author="cusaro" date="1308246576"]supports ion auth multiple groups per user?

cusaro[/quote]

Same question for me.

[eluser]joytopia[/eluser]
[quote author="DirkZz" date="1311685224"][quote author="cusaro" date="1308246576"]supports ion auth multiple groups per user?

cusaro[/quote]

Same question for me.[/quote]

I think, version 2 does, but is still alpha.

@Ben,
when do you think that Ion Auth 2 will be stable enough for production use?

Best regards
Bernd

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Bernd is correct, v2 supports that.

Bernd,
I'm really not sure, I haven't received many bug reports so it may be more stable than I think. I will probably switch it to be master soon so it is the main library people use in order to force more testing.

[eluser]joytopia[/eluser]
Ben, do you use Version 2 already in Pyro CMS?

[eluser]ηυмвєяσηє[/eluser]
login errors doesnt show in V2. Messages and errors are needed to be checked.

ion_auth_model, line 719 :
Code:
$this->set_message('login_unsuccessful');

auth.php, line 71-73 :
Code:
{ //if the login was un-successful
//redirect them back to the login page
$this->session->set_flashdata('message', $this->ion_auth->errors());

Regards,
Yusuf

[eluser]Vamsii[/eluser]
I am using this awesome Auth library for a while and I love this..
but I dont like the part when it generates usernames on its own when its already taken.
Like : username1 . username2 . etc
This can be annoying for some users who register with a name in mind and will see username1 etc...

Thanks ..

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I’m getting an mysql syntax error on the ion auth mysql install file on line 2 (see message below), any idea why?

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE `0` = 'admin@admin.com'' at line 2

SELECT COUNT(*) AS `numrows` WHERE `0` = 'admin@admin.com'

[eluser]eddt[/eluser]
[quote author="tropiburguer" date="1311794404"]I’m getting an mysql syntax error on the ion auth mysql install file on line 2 (see message below), any idea why?

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE `0` = 'admin@admin.com'' at line 2

SELECT COUNT(*) AS `numrows` WHERE `0` = 'admin@admin.com'[/quote]

Looking at the ion_auth.sql file from what I think is the most recent version available from Ben's site, there's not a single "SELECT" in the sql file - its all "CREATE" and "INSERTS" to setup the tables you'll need in the DB. So I don't know what .sql script you've got, but I don't think it is the install script!

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Bernd,
No, PyroCMS isn't using v2 yet.

Yusuf,
Please post bugs and pull requests in github, they tend to get lost in all the noise here, thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB