Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox RC2

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
[quote author="phpwebdev" date="1200524327"]Hi Im new with "Matchbox" ,

Can someone send me link to download work example like this
http://www.haughin.com/screencasts/ - if screencasts exist ?

Regards
phpwebdev[/quote]

There is no screencasts available. At least I haven't made any Smile

[eluser]Armorfist[/eluser]
Hello Zacharias,

I posted a question on your Matchbox Development page at Google Groups. Can you take a look?

Thanks,

[eluser]BDT[/eluser]
Hi all!

Previously-used Modular Separations but I make an attempt now the matchbox. A Ci serves more sides for me (public and admin page) and I have need in that direction, that let me put my system libraries into a directory in the system BASEPATH (template handler, database handler etc.) I gave a thought to it I put them under BASEPATH, and i can load in admin and public page, but when i change code i dont't need to copy my modified system module from public page directory to admin directory.

Code:
//$directories[] = APPPATH . $directory . '/' . ($module ? $module : $caller) . '/';

if (preg_match('%[\\\\./]%', $directory)) {
                    $directories[] = $directory . '/' . ($module ? $module : $caller) . '/';
                } else {
                    $directories[] = APPPATH . $directory . '/' . ($module ? $module : $caller) . '/';                
                }

I have an opportunity in this form in this manner to grant the $config['directories'] his value:
Code:
$config['directories'] = array(BASEPATH.'BdTeamSharedLibs','modules');

And now, (in autoload) i can load my special libraries:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('bdTeamBase' => 'bdtLoader','bdTeamBase' => 'bdtAdodb','bdTeamBase' => 'bdtSmarty');

Sorry my bad English, but I do not speak/write it professionally , but I hope you understand it what I would like to write down. Smile Smile

Zacharias: What do you believe about this solution?

[eluser]BDT[/eluser]
Sorry, the

$autoload[’libraries’] = array(’bdTeamBase’ => ‘bdtLoader’,’bdTeamBase’ => ‘bdtAdodb’,’bdTeamBase’ => ‘bdtSmarty’);

not work.

Only the last autoload library loaded. In this sample: bdtSmarty >Sad

[eluser]BDT[/eluser]
This work:

Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array(
                        'session',
                        'BdtBase' => array ('BdtBase','BdtLoader')
                        );

Thanks BDT! I don't know why I hadn't though of this.

If you try to load two modules from the same module you'd have to use the same array key twice, which will overwrite the previous one. I'm going to change the code and documentation with the next release.

Good catch Smile

[eluser]BDT[/eluser]
It's great for me because i want to seperate my classes into directories and i use it without i modify the base framework.

First of all, there is a lot of changes made to the code in CodeIgniter 1.6, and even though I attempted at one time (which was then rendered useless when another update was made), I'm not going to make it 1.6 compatible before the beta is over and it is officially released.

I am however going to fix a bunch of the bugs I am aware of.

However a few of the bugs I am going to wait and see if they are fixed in 1.6. Most notably the problem with wronly routed segments, which I hope to see fixed in the next release of CI. If it's not however, I guess I'll have to fix it myself.

[eluser]BizComputing[/eluser]
Zacharias, in another thread I started on a nested MVC idea that I have developed into my 1st CI based application, your Matchbox has come up twice.

I don't know if I'm failing at communicating what I mean by nested MVC, or if I'm completely missing a feature of Matchbox.

What my nested MVC idea does is allow executing a controller that in turn executes "sub_controllers" for plug-inable modules. So rather than a controller containing all the code it needs to do it's job, it's able to offload some of the common code into these "sub_controllers" either because the code is reusable in other controllers, or because it's a feature that is not always used in this controller. These "sub_controllers" in turn can load their own models and views.

In all actuality, there is only 1 controller, and all views and models loaded, even the ones loaded from my "sub_controllers" are really loaded against the main controller. And yes, sounds like a library cause it is a library, just a specialized library with a specialized loader and parent class.

Is this a feature of Matchbox? Or am I understanding Matchbox correctly that it is a packaging manager that allows better organization of all my resources but does not allow for multiple controllers executing in the same request.

You got it spot on. Smile All Matchbox does is allowing better organization, nothing else. I guess it's caused by the use of the word "module" in your post.

BTW, I'm currently updating Matchbox for CI 1.6, and fixing the known bugs.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB