Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox RC2

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
Are the links that throw a 404 error supposed to be redirected to the page controller? If so, are you sure you set up the _remap method, etc.?

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
At least someone has their thinking cap on today! Forgot that I removed my _remap function - works perfectly now Smile

As I had mentioned previously though - am I correct in saying the main limit with this way is that each controller I want to use has to be specified in the routes file?

That is correct. However I am pretty sure there are means of hooking into CodeIgniter directly from the routes file, so perhaps it is possible to check if the requested controller exists and route based on that.

Alternatively you could list all the controllers in the controllers folder and loop through them in an array and make routes based on that. You might even be able to use the file helper for that (the function that list files in a directory).

All this might be overkill though, since it would need to be run through at every request.

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Those are some good suggestions indeed. I am actually thinking that the method of adding them manually might be a good idea now because when we build the modules the hope is for them to be able to be used for multiple clients and quite often we want the SEF link to be different for different clients such as a staff profiler that might be accessed by
Code:
$route['staff(.*)'] = "staff$1";
for one client and
Code:
$route['our-people(.*)'] = "staff$1";
for another.

Great to see you will be releasing as LPGL shortly as we will be using the code commercially - but we still want to support this great contribution as much as possible, you truly have done some great work with it Zach Smile

Out of interest, when is your plan for the 1.0 release?

Well, I've been planing to make a kind of module manager, but it is still in very early development. Originally the 1.0 release was reserved for when said manager was done, but if development keeps at this pace, Matchbox might go 1.0 before that Wink

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
The manager would be very interesting - if you need anything towards design/html/css let me know as more then willing to help out.

One thing I do like is that you are still calling it Beta even though it is quite stable - it shows that you wont finalise a release just to satisfy the masses Smile

[eluser]WolfgangA[/eluser]
[quote author="Zacharias Knudsen" date="1203370980"]Hm. Can I change the license from GPL in Matchbox 0.9.3 Beta to LGPL in Matchbox 0.9.3 (non-beta), then?
[/quote]

Yes you can.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I have a question then about handling view files for emails. I was going to use the parser class to process the view file and then send it but since it won't look in the module view folder this won't work. So it seems the only possible solution is to run the view file but using variables. It means the file is cluttered with php code.

I don't mind writing the parser class addition, but would you want to include it in the matchbox revision?

I underestimate myself sometimes Wink Untill I add it in the next update, you can make the parser class work by adding "Parser" to the caller array in the configuration file.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
That works. That's amazing I don't understand how it works but it does.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB