Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Installing an old application to a new server

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
[quote author="Rurik" date="1347141169"]Blank page still

edit 1:
php -l tells me that there are no syntax errors in index.php or the controller or the views that are called via index.php

edit 2:
It couldnt be the fact that I have to specify a port could it? Im really straining for differences between the servers now, and thats the main one I can think of.

edit 3: Interestingly, if i try to go directly to application/controllers/login.php, it tells me it cant find the MY_Controller class[/quote]

RE edit 3: That means that it is reading your controller, which extends MY_controller but MY_controller isn't where it should be (in your application/core directory). Check this please.

RE edit 2: In light of edit 3, the port isn't preventing the server from finding our app, so I don't see a problem there.

RE edit 1: That is a good thing, and in light of #2 and #3, it means the browser is able to read and parse index.php. I don't see a problem there.

Your MY_controller (a base controller) looks like it may be the problem. Tell me which folder it is in, please.

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
My_Controller is in /var/www/webFiles/application/core

Is the MY_controller class spelled correctly?
Quote:class MY_Controller extends CI_Controller {
I messed this up when I started using base controllers and spelled it My_controller...

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
I would hope its spelled correctly, as I have said earlier, it is a direct copy of a working application, so it should be spelled correctly

and yes it is called MY_Controller.php with a class name of MY_Controller

My apologies, I'm trying to find anything which might cause the problem...

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
No need to apologise, you are just trying to help and I appreciate it Smile

Since the spelling is ok in MY_Controller, does it match the spelling in your login.php controller?
still groping for anything here.

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
Yep, extends MY_Controller

How about permissions on MY_Controller? Do they match the original installation? and is it the correct owner?

[eluser]Rurik[/eluser]
Permissions are 755 on all files with root owner, same as the other one.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB