Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Rabbit Forms Beta 1.0.5

[eluser]Wilker[/eluser]
Hi CARP,

it's not so hard to convert to PHP 4 version, but it's a lot of work and you will lose the type check and some OOP definitions will be lose (but it's not affect the features)

Basically you only need to remove access modifiers from methods and vars, and change the constructors.

Smile

Anyway, if created a poll to this topic, if you prefer compatibility instead of OOP strength, vote to yes to convert Rabbit Forms into PHP 4 Wink

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
CARP, not to be rude by introducing this here, but take a look at CodeExtinguisher, rabbit forms was written to behave in much the same way as CodeExtinguisher, but CE is php4 compatible.

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Hi jTaby
I must admit that I've tried CodeExtinguisher, but so far seems rabbit-forms is easier
Also, docs and quick-start guides/videos are available in rabbit-forms, which is good for starters.

hmm, you're right, i just noticed the docs...good job on that

[eluser]Wilker[/eluser]
and please jtaby, i said before, Rabbit Forms is made to be Front End library and CodeExtinguisher for backend... the use is similar but the filosophy is different, don't compare libraries please...

Wilker, as I said...I wasn't trying to steal your thread, I was merely letting people know about it, no hard feelings Smile

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1208386072"]Wilker, as I said...I wasn't trying to steal your thread, I was merely letting people know about it, no hard feelings Smile[/quote]

You'll get more people in your thread after you write some quickstart guides, intro tutorials, video tutorials, sample code, etc. This is why I choosed RF over CE, because I've started with CI only few days ago Smile

[eluser]andjules[/eluser]
[quote author="CARP" date="1208387232"]You'll get more people in your thread after you write some quickstart guides, intro tutorials, video tutorials, sample code, etc. This is why I choosed RF over CE, because I've started with CI only few days ago Smile[/quote]

actually, codeextinguisher's screencast is great, as is its demo (preview/preview)... and they're currently hard at work at new docs.

just pointing it out.
rabbit forms looks nice as well, but like the author said, more of a front-end philosophy.

[eluser]andjules[/eluser]
by the way, I'm newly returned to CI, so I don't have to strong a handle on the community, but:
3 years ago, there were so many shared hosts who didn't offer PHP5, CI's php4 compatibility was a big point. Today, I'm not sure it's a big deal, due to the shift in the hosting market. I can see why CI sticks to PHP4 (it's a commitment they said they'd stand by), but I don't think ignited code really needs to limit itself that way... my 2ยข. As long as people who use Rabbit Forms don't have to grok OOP in any deep way, it shouldn't matter too much, and if it makes your code better, than I say: do it!

[eluser]Wilker[/eluser]
ok, if the poll continue like now, i will use most of PHP 5 like Exceptions (yes, for now get errors is rabbit forms is terrible...)

The next plans:

- Retrieve classes to create a more customizable way to retrieve operation
- Exceptions to handler errors (if keep in PHP 5)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB