Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Adam
Sorry 4 late reply, but I was working
As I commented in my first post in this thread... I've installed latest CI, then extracted (and overwrote everything) and then installed latest BP. I solved the problems I had with the latest daily fixes you posted, and now looks fine, without errors (but without CSS applied).
Now that I have time to continue playing, I've just noticed something that may be the cause of the style not displaying: The Login link is the following
http://localhost/backendpro/index.php/auth/login.html
which is bad, because my CI install is in
http://localhost/test

Do you know if I have to re-configure some setting? I'll try to do so by checking config files and will let u know

EDIT: ==========================================
Yes, there's a config var that has this
$config['base_url'] = "http://localhost/backendpro/";
changed to
$config['base_url'] = "http://localhost/test/";

and now it seems to be working fine, with css, etc.
This is how it looks

http://xs226.xs.to/xs226/08161/backend_p...t_1933.jpg

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Sorry for bumping and continuous posting
This is what I get when trying to enter "System -> Settings" or "Access Control -> Permissions", "Resources", "Groups", "Actions" and/or "Members -> Create Member" links

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in D:\Inetpub\test\system\application\models\Nested_sets_model.php on line 35

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Ummm That should have been changed upon install. Or did you not finish the install process?

Edit:

With respect to the error message can you check that it dosn't say public before the function name on line 35.

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
Yes, the install process finished ok. I tried again (erasing tables then reinstalling) and worked fine, install goes fine. I overwrote files again, etc. That message is still there
Now I'm reading the docs to see how can I do/add something for the backend, and something for the frontend

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1208221047"]With respect to the error message can you check that it dosn't say public before the function name on line 35.[/quote]

What about this? I edited it after posting.

[eluser]PedroGrilo[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1208205327"].....
To do with the install problem, I think the error message is not very helpful. It actual means it cannot open the file it wants to write the new data to. This was due to me not updating the file path after moving the modules folder. Please can you download the newest release and try agian.[/quote]
Thanks! All is fine now. Smile

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Adamp1, why did you made this decision: "since its a developer control panel it doesn’t have protective features on everything"

I am interested a lot to use your tool as a framework for my backends, but I am afraid that I will have to think myself about a security policy, what about it exactly?

How would you do to secure the access of BackendPro with a login and password box?

Also, let's say I would like on a public website to have a login and password box and depending on witch login I enter I am redirected to different things (for exemple a simple user will be redirected to a member area, and if the login is an admin one, it will redirect to the admin area of the website). Do BackendPro manage that?

I really think a tutorial would be a great thing to help us understand your system, you know, we lazy coders don't like so much to read...

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I am interested a lot to use your tool as a framework for my backends, but I am afraid that I will have to think myself about a security policy, what about it exactly?
Right first off what I meant by its not protected is, actions which could cause you to be locked out (e.g deleting your access permissions) are not stopped. The reason for this is you may want to create new permissions and not use my default ones, if I locked certain permissions it wouldn't allow the system to be used in every possible way.

How would you do to secure the access of BackendPro with a login and password box?
The application comes with full authentication and an example login form to show you what you can do. Of course you don't need to use my login form, you just need to play around with the styles. All pages are implemented using view files and a container system (so you can assign default headers/content/footers etc).

Also, let’s say I would like on a public website to have a login and password box and depending on witch login I enter I am redirected to different things (for example a simple user will be redirected to a member area, and if the login is an admin one, it will redirect to the admin area of the website). Do BackendPro manage that?
This is possible, basically there are basic 'actions' which can be performed on user login/admin login/admin logout/user logout/registration/activation etc. All these actions are uri_strings which the user will be redirect to upon the given action being completed. By using these as you say, you can redirect the users to a certain controller, and the admins to the administration area.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Ok, cool. And thanks for the answer, first of when you posted that BackendPro was out some days ago I really was thinking "What is this stuff can be used for?" Now things are more clear and I start to understand witch usage I can make of it.

Is it possible to know what you have planned for the future and what's on your Todo list?

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
[quote author="elitemedia" date="1208300863"]Is it possible to know what you have planned for the future and what's on your Todo list?[/quote]

And a little step by step guide for adding things (menu items, screens) to the backend and linking to things (views, controllers, etc.) in the frontend would be awesome Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB