Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]lmv4321[/eluser]
Has anyone else experimented with the dashboard and widget system? I am using BackendPro 0.3.1 and I have created a couple new widgets for the dashboard. They display fine. I can modify their location fine, but as soon as I navigate away from the page (by either logging out or by going to some option like Preferences), the locations of the widgets go back to the default. Either the new location is not being saved, or the new location is not being read in when displaying the dashboard. I have tried to figure out the problem, but have not yet located it.

Any pointers?

P.S. Except for this tiny issue, I really like BackendPro!!!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Ill have a look into this when I get some time.

[eluser]camporter1[/eluser]
Hello,

Anyone know if BackendPro can run without InnoDB? Certain hosts charge extra for using InnoDB instead of MyISAM. I know some things work the same in them, but I know they do table locking differently. Anyway, I'd love to use BackendPro!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yes it does, all you should have to do is change the table types to MyISAM and remove the relationships. I hope the code is designed so it doesn't need InnoDB, if not let me know and I will have to look into it.

You said to remove the relationships, but I'm not exactly sure what that means... I changed the engine to MyISAM in the schema.sql file. I haven't installed yet.

Anyway, I'd love to use this great set of code! Thanks for the hard work!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Look at the bottom of the file, you will see a section marked.
Code:
--
-- Constraints for dumped tables
--

All the lines below there need to be removed, apart from the last line
Code:
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=1;

After this you should try the install process. Have you downloaded 0.3.1 or have you got the version from SVN?

Erm... I have the 0.3.1 version. I would use the SVN repo to download it, but I wasn't sure if it was considered unstable or testing.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I have to say I think its more stable than 0.3.1 at the moment. I am trying to get a 0.4 version out but currently working on a clients website is taking all my time.

Maybe what would be best is use 0.3.1 and then upgrade to 0.4 when its out.

[eluser]JimmyPHP[/eluser]
Just got SVN version installed into CI 1.7... Wow! Really excited to use this!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I know there are still some issues with BeP & CI 1.7, if you find any new issues or problems please do say.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB