Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.7.0 Released

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Let's report this as a bug and let the team decide. This is affecting a lot of folks. If we're wrong then we've err'd on the conservative side right?

Randy

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
[quote author="nizsmo" date="1225122166"]Hey randy

Saw your thread with Adam, I think the problem in that thread sounds quite similar to the problem which I have posted...
Did you end up figuring out a solution for this?

Thanks,

Joe[/quote]

Randy helped me figure out that the validation_errors function wasn't outputting the errors, and I just didn't know where to start with finding out the problem.

@randy, yeah. Tongue

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
Agreed, I'm quite new to this CI stuff so not sure how to report a bug, are you guys able to point me in the right direction? Or maybe you guys would like to report it Smile

It "seems" like I have found the fix to the problem, but I don't like the idea of modifying CI's core code so... Tongue

I can submit the bug. Unless Randy wants to?

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Let's move this to another thread as well Smile .
I can't reproduce the error, $CI->load should reference the loader (set in the parent Controller).

It might be a PHP 4 vs 5 issue though.

[eluser]nizsmo[/eluser]
PHP5 for me here...now that you have mentioned it I am using HMVC which extends the CI controller so that may be causing the problem...?

Adam, I don't think it matters too much who submits the bug, so if you want, you can submit it Smile

I am using HMVC aswell...could it be that that makes the bug?

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Ok...inparo's probably right then...a new thread concerning HMVC on this topic prior to the bug issue.

[eluser]sl3dg3hamm3r[/eluser]
Are the current language-files actually compatible with 1.7.0?

[eluser]DiRN[/eluser]
[quote author="dmiden" date="1225076954"]While this is true that nowhere in the documentation does it say that ASC, DESC, or RANDOM is required, it applies to the valid syntax as outlined in the documentation.

Code:
// And using the syntax:
$this->db->order_by('field1, field2'); // is not a valid syntax.
// With 1.7 the valid syntax would be:
$this->db->order_by('field1', 'desc');
$this->db->order_by('field2', 'desc');
// Second parameter options are asc or desc, or random.
// OR:
$this->db->order_by('field1 desc, field2 desc');
// Using ('field option, field2 option2').
[/quote]

The documentation clearly states
Quote:You can also pass your own string in the first parameter

That is exactly what I'm doing.

While the example provided by the documentation uses DESC and ASC, there is no mention that they are required (as they shouldn't be seeing as how ASC and DESC aren't required by any SQL implementation I've ever seen). I took the example and omitted a modifier because the default behavior (according to SQL syntax) suited my needs.

I think my issue here is that I've stumbled upon two significant changes to the core of CI that break my existing code (I would imagine many other developers will have these problems as well), neither of which is mentioned in the upgrade documentation, nor does my code violate anything stated in the documentation other than examples. Maybe that's what the examples are meant to do, but I've never seen documentation before that relied on its examples rather than its text to define all valid uses.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB