Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
UI framework?

[eluser]Alexander Obenauer[/eluser]
I am looking for a web app UI framework. Has anyone built such a thing?

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
What do you mean? Like jquery UI? Or a css framework? Or like a crud system?

Closer to jquery ui (which i forgot all about, thanks) not crud. Probably something between jquery and a Css. Like YUI, but I never figured out how to implement it, it seems over complicated, so basically something simpler.

Does anyone know a decent article on how to implement YUI?

YUI is good but a bit slow and difficult to learn. In my experience jQuery UI is easier to use. You can also theme it a bit i think, but have never tried.

I get the feeling the Jquery is for widgets, like tabs. I am looking for something that will let me quickly build a full app UI. Do you know what I mean?

Thanks much for all your help.

Ahh! I get you! Hope YUI solves your problems. Not an expert on it so can't help you there. Cheers! Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Maybe Ext is your answer (http://extjs.com).

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
UI is particular to the specific functionality of your app, so I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to use a "UI framework." But I understand most programmer types could care less, so ExtJS might do something for you

As with any framework, the goal is to find common ground between all apllications. Data based apps require grids, tabs, expandable layouts, resizables, etc. So a framework that easily gives these to you would be perfect.

I'll have to check out extjs!

Extjs looks quite ideal, but it costs money to not release my source.

Any others? Or a good tut on yahoo ui?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB