Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CIMyAdmin v0.3b4 (Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:11PM)

[eluser]dbashyal[/eluser]
[quote author="Tom Glover" date="1218208170"]It looks Great, easier to use than PMA. Well done. I hope this project goes far.[/quote]

Hey tom, check spelling of ur url at title we have moved! on your blog. sorry couldn't enter comment, there is no captcha image but the text field.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
This does indeed look super-slick. Well done! I'm curious if you've encountered and PHP time-out issues with very large data-sets, and if so, how did you get around them? Could you devote a few sentences to discussing this? ini_set('memory_limit', $really_big_number) is "hit and miss" in different hosted environments.

Great work.

[eluser]Volte[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1218731983"]This does indeed look super-slick. Well done! I'm curious if you've encountered and PHP time-out issues with very large data-sets, and if so, how did you get around them? Could you devote a few sentences to discussing this? ini_set('memory_limit', $really_big_number) is "hit and miss" in different hosted environments.

Great work.[/quote]

Hey Derek. I haven't actually addressed this yet, but big thanks for the heads up. I'll do some research on the matter and get back to you when I've implemented it. (I don't even know if its an issue at this point). Off the top of my head I'm thinking about possibly an ajax uploader which would at least indicate the progress of the import, and then hopefully set up some settings which allow for larger file uploads.

It looks like you're able to specify settings in the .htaccess file, which, for now, I pretty much require for the project to function properly. Something along the lines of:

Code:
php_value upload_max_filesize 20M
php_value post_max_size 20M
php_value max_execution_time 200
php_value max_input_time 200

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers!

volte.

[eluser]Volte[/eluser]
As a side note: I've merged 1.0b2 back with the trunk (1.0b3) since I've received no bug reports and I haven't run across any since my last release. 1.0b3 is *expected* out in about two weeks, but we'll see how I manage with that Tongue

Again, guys, if you run into bugs, please let me know about them. I need all the feedback I can get, so if you find a bug, just take 2 minutes and log it into trac. Also, you can always email me.

Thanks!

volte.

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Decent and fast, though I'm not a fan of the interface. That's going to get really ugly if I handle a few hundred databases on a single server.

And I don't see the speed improvement between the two front ends. Sure, phpMyAdmin is a beast, but it's fast and does the job. It also looks decent.

Some things to address:

Spelling issues (I'll TRAC them for you later on, if they haven't been found already)
Interface (Consider a situation for a user with hundreds of databases on that server - that top menu is going to be gargantuan)
Interface 2: Clean up a look a bit and organize the structure.
Interface 3: While the javascript effects are "nifty", they should be optional.

Other than that, great job. Can't wait to see the day that phpMyAdmin goes to hell.

Are you working on this application solo?

[eluser]Volte[/eluser]
[quote author="awpti" date="1218780417"]Decent and fast, though I'm not a fan of the interface. That's going to get really ugly if I handle a few hundred databases on a single server.[/quote]Hey awpti. Yea the database page is in the works. 1.0b3 will have a similar structure to that of the ones you see on tables and rows.

Quote:And I don't see the speed improvement between the two front ends. Sure, phpMyAdmin is a beast, but it's fast and does the job. It also looks decent.
I disagree that PMA looks decent, but that isn't the only reason for a remake Smile If PMA is indeed fast to you, and you can't see a speed improvement between the front ends, it looks like I'm in good shape Big Grin No step backwards at least.

Quote:Some things to address:

Spelling issues (I'll TRAC them for you later on, if they haven't been found already)
Yea, common pitfall of programmers Wink Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:Interface (Consider a situation for a user with hundreds of databases on that server - that top menu is going to be gargantuan)
Coming in 1.0b3

Quote:Interface 2: Clean up a look a bit and organize the structure.
Could you be more specific?

Quote:Interface 3: While the javascript effects are "nifty", they should be optional.
Hmm, I plan to have the JS degrade gracefully, but I suppose I could just put a preference I somewhere to turn off the JS. I doubt I'll get around to that soon if at all, as it is sorta... an unnecessary feature. Turning JS off would accomplish it (although not very practical)

Quote:Other than that, great job. Can't wait to see the day that phpMyAdmin goes to hell.
Thanks! I just want to make a tool that is a pleasure to use Smile

Quote:Are you working on this application solo?
Yea Smile

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
[quote author="Volte" date="1218785917"]Hey awpti. Yea the database page is in the works. 1.0b3 will have a similar structure to that of the ones you see on tables and rows.[/quote]

Can't wait to see 10b3, then!

Quote:I disagree that PMA looks decent, but that isn't the only reason for a remake Smile If PMA is indeed fast to you, and you can't see a speed improvement between the front ends, it looks like I'm in good shape Big Grin No step backwards at least.

We can agree to disagree there. Maybe I'm just too used to it.

As far as the speed goes, I suppose it could be due to the server I run being obscenely powerful for what (little) it handles.

Quote:Could you be more specific?

I'll have to sit down and come up with a few things later. I may wait for 103b before I go over it again.

Quote:Hmm, I plan to have the JS degrade gracefully, but I suppose I could just put a preference I somewhere to turn off the JS. I doubt I'll get around to that soon if at all, as it is sorta... an unnecessary feature. Turning JS off would accomplish it (although not very practical)

One thing that'll let your application slip into enterprise environments is high functionality without relatively pointless eye-candy. Can't hurt to have it work as a plugin or optional component.

Quote:Thanks! I just want to make a tool that is a pleasure to use Smile

You're well on your way Smile

Quote:Yea Smile

If it ever turns into a collaborative effort, keep us in the loop. I'd love to throw some code your way if it reaches that point.

I'm more of a SQL monkey than a programmer myself (lately, anyway - closer to getting my MySQL AB Cert than I am getting my Zend cert).

[eluser]@li[/eluser]
Hey, I'm using WAMP so I don't have a password for mysql, just a blank string. I installed this and went to http://local/cimadmin, but it always just shows a screen asking for login info. How can I get past this screen?

[eluser]@li[/eluser]
anyone??????

[eluser]Volte[/eluser]
[quote author="@li" date="1219456647"]Hey, I'm using WAMP so I don't have a password for mysql, just a blank string. I installed this and went to http://local/cimadmin, but it always just shows a screen asking for login info. How can I get past this screen?[/quote]

Hey, try the latest build. I'm aware of this problem and I *think* I fixed it, if not, um, I've got no solution for you yet.

Let me know how it goes with 1.0b2.1.8

(BTW: Thanks for posting a ticket. I replied to it at http://cimyadmin.com/ticket/47)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB