Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How Do You Like To Do It? - Commenting Headers

[eluser]adamfairholm[/eluser]
Hey all,

We've all done it - you are building a helper or library or something and you want to give it a commenting header to explain some things. All the cool libraries and helpers and plugins do it.

The thing is, I've seen a lot of people do it in different ways. There doesn't seem to be an *official* way do it, but I was wondering what everyone's way of doing things is. I'll post my template.

Note: This discussion is utterly pointless, but why not.

I do it pretty simple - I guess you'd say I'm a minimalist. I keep it simple with just plain old * things, and then the pertinent info that would help someone looking for info.

Code:
/*
********  Name of Class ********
* A short little blurb about what this baby does.
* @author      My Name
* @link     Link of there is any online documentation
* @module      Maybe it goes with a module - if so, that goes there.
* Any instructions about the uses of the class go up here.
*/

I've seen some pretty crazy stuff going on with | symbols and all sorts of @ things. Maybe you have an ASCII "It's a Trap!" in there. Post your own, or not.

Messages In This Thread
How Do You Like To Do It? - Commenting Headers - by El Forum - 08-24-2008, 02:31 PM
How Do You Like To Do It? - Commenting Headers - by El Forum - 08-24-2008, 06:12 PM
How Do You Like To Do It? - Commenting Headers - by El Forum - 08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
How Do You Like To Do It? - Commenting Headers - by El Forum - 08-24-2008, 08:58 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB