Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing )

[eluser]markanderson993[/eluser]
Well, i'm having considerable trouble now that I'm putting my new code to the test.

In order to be more clear on what the problem I will first go into a little detail explaining what is actually going on.

First there are 2 tables, the first named pm_recipient (consists of 2 fields: pm_id, pm_recipient) and the other named pm_thread (indexed by pm_id). Ideally what should happen is when a pm_recipient (the same thing as the user's id) exists, the database searches the pm_recipient table for all the matches between their user_id and the pm_recipient number in the pm_recipient table. For each match, the corrisponding row in the pm_thread table is extracted and added to an array. So the end product is an array containing rows of information from the pm_thread table.

The above code attempted to do that but it did not achieve the desired result.

Does anybody know if what I am attempting to do is possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

- mark

Messages In This Thread
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing ) - by El Forum - 08-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing ) - by El Forum - 08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing ) - by El Forum - 08-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing ) - by El Forum - 08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing ) - by El Forum - 08-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing ) - by El Forum - 08-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing ) - by El Forum - 08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Simple database code not working ( Problem ongoing ) - by El Forum - 08-28-2008, 10:18 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB