Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
is ci right for me?

[eluser]slothdog[/eluser]
hey all,

its been awhile since ive done any php coding. im not super skilled in programming, i guess you could call me an advanced beginner or maybe like a beginning novice. my question is, do you think im knowledgeable enough to make use of ci? im kind of intimidated. ive looked at the docs and it looks easy enough.

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Hi slothdog,

That is fully dependent upon your expectations for what CI will do for you, and what you will be able to do with CI.

The best way get help is to try to help yourself first. Your questions will be constructed better that way.

This community is here to help when you need it. Welcome to CI.

Randy

[eluser]textnotspeech[/eluser]
Code Igniter is super easy to get into and can be difficult to master, depending on your Object Oriented PHP skills. What's great about it is that it's not bogged down by endless features (thought it's got plenty of great ones) and it doesn't impose any particular style of coding on you. However, it does give you a clean and solid design with MVC design pattern built with Object Oriented PHP. In short, it's easy enough to learn and use but it doesn't have a lot of the "magic" that other frameworks boast. You'll be on your own (with the exception of the forums) to create the specifics of your application. If you know a little PHP, you're going to want to study up on Object Oriented PHP to get the most out of it. Code Igniter itself is a great way to learn the benefits of OO programming but you need to be familiar with the basic concepts.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB