Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Userguide CHM

[eluser]danspam[/eluser]
I managed to compile the user guide into a chm file using the impressive Far HTML tools. I know that people have asked for this before so I thought I would share it with everyone:

Download CodeIgniter 1.6.3 CHM

Enjoy!

:-)

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
Very nice! Did it take a lot of work? If not, we could start doing this for every new release, thus giving people the option to have a .chm version of the docs instead of the html.

[eluser]Stefano G[/eluser]
Thanks! Yes I vote for that version as well in the future releases ...what about a feature request thread/poll?

UPDATE ...a strange thing happens I tried to download it twice, the size of the file is 342Kb but I receive an error for any link I click! it looks like the index points to your local files... can you pls have a look?

Stefano

[eluser]danspam[/eluser]
Bramme - The hardest part was finding some software that would do the job. Far Html Tools pretty much walked me through it. I just tweaked the names and order of the contents and that was it.

Stefano - strange, it seems to work fine even when I use it on other machine. Does anyone else have a problem with the help file?

dan

[eluser]CtheB[/eluser]
No errors, You have to "left click" the link, not right click (if you are right-handed).

[eluser]Stefano G[/eluser]
[quote author="CtheB" date="1224345454"]No errors, You have to "left click" the link, not right click (if you are right-handed).[/quote]

yes I guessed that Big Grin

anyway the error I have OPENING-the-CHM-file-once-I-downloaded-it-onto-my-hard-drive-left-clicking-the-above-link-and-pressing-download-after-entering-the-captcha (of course I am kidding Wink ), is a sort of 404 (please have a look at the attached screenshot)

cheers

Stefano

[eluser]mihkelmi[/eluser]
+1 for the 404 error

[eluser]webthink[/eluser]
I have the same problem ... when I try to use the CHM, the browser (in the CHM) show's 404 errors. Any ideas?

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
Don"t waste time on this...

its crap after downloading ...

I get this

in CHM file

"
The address is not valid

Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

"

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
Don't be so rude Yash. The TS put work in this and instead of saying it's crap, we should help him debug this.

Could it be anything related to the software used?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB