Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Blogmer 1.0 Released - blog system with documentation

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
Upload that file and give me the link. I'll correct that and re-upload it for you.

[eluser]Julia Yan[/eluser]
Thankyou Yash, zip has sent to your email.
I dowload from http://speedovation.org/download
It does not include them files etc

I find theme, that I missed after upgrade codeigniter 1.7.2

Still error in the first line, and stop any linkes without permission to access:

session->userdata('BLOGName')?>
session->userdata('BLOGTitle')?>
blogmer/<?=base_url()?> (on the URL)

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
Updated the official site with latest version.

Now try Smile

Hi Yash, I dowload latest version, still proplem as same as last time

---------Auto Install error
Fields are empty. All fields are required.(User Password is empty for local test, please let it go if empty)

---------manual Install error
An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load the requested file: ../../../themes//vectorlover/main.php

[eluser]techgnome[/eluser]
I was hoping to integrate this somehow into my site to use it to post news items to the site. Now I'm not so sure.

1) I used the automated install, which allowed me to select the admin name and password. Problem is that the INSERT INTO query used a hard-coded MGroup value.... and the admin login query check USED A DIFFERENT MGroup value, preventing me from logging in. I just copied what was in the database and pasted it into the login controller. Then and only then was I able to login with my admin userID and password.

2) There are folders missing...mostly the themes ones... and I found the admin pages wanted to refer to a files that were in the "Required" folder... couldn't find that either.

3) The "Register | Login" links that appeared in the default view seem to be hardcoded to nowhere.

#1 is a big deal... I lost time trying to figure that out.

#2&3 are mostly cosmetic, but created a bad impression. It has me questioning if I want to use it for what I had intended, or if I should just keep going the way I have it now, which is doing it (posting news/updates) all by hand. Seems like a good start, but it's very rough around the edges. Maybe I got a bad download, I don't know.

-tg

one more note... I don't use htaccess or rewrite rules on my local system... so it would be nice if more of the links respected that. I can't seem to change themes because they want to link to the following url which doesn't exist:
http://localhost/blog/admin/SaveTheme/vector/Vector Lover

for my purposes it needs to be
http://localhost/blog/index.php/admin/Sa...tor/Vector Lover

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
Hi techgnome,Hi Julia Yan,

Thank you for all feedback.

Julia Yan I've removed password required check from automatic install.

techgnome I've added all missing files. Sorry for trouble(s) .

Also I've added a sample database with a screenshot showing the values used in that database sample file.

Updated the official site with all above changes. Download size is 4 MB instead of 1 MB.

Cool, sorry if I came off a little harsh... it was late when I wrote that, and I knew that if I didn't write it when I did, it would never get done. I'll grab a fresh copy tonight, see how that goes.

I'm especially interested in the screenshot... I was looking at the database design (which is something I do for a living) and could not for the life of me see how comments were related to a posting... hopefully the screen shot will clear things up.

Thanks for the quick response!

-tg

Hi Yash,
I dowload latest version (4kb), still proplem as same as last time.

See attachment,

------ click Register or login
error message
Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

------- click Default or other links
error message
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

Julia - yeah, that's a problem with the template, use the other "Login" link further down the page. Looks like you might still have something not quite right since from your screen shot that you're not getting the right template.

Yash - I don't have a lot of time so this will be brief. After the install, I still had issues with logging in. Is there a reason for hashing the group membership? Also, it would be helpful if during the install, the admin user was actually given the hashed admin group access? The hash it's being assigned isn't the same one being checked for in the code. And because it's a hashed number, it makes it difficult to update it. The biggest problem I ran into and unfortunately it's a deal breaker for me is that I couldn't move the application folder out of the system folder so that it matches my existing system. When I did that, it fell apart really fast and broke left and right, making it useless to me. Since what I was after was the ability to do posts for a news section on my site (I don't need a full-blown blog, with comments and all that), I think I'm going to end up rolling my own system tailored for my needs. If I was after a full blog, I'd stick with it.

-tg

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB