Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Admin panel - few questions about directories, upload, search engine, bootstrap

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2015, 01:43 PM by matysek099.)

Hi. I'm newbie in CodeIgniter and I'm creating my own CMS. I have already created working images upload but now I want to add some field in which I can choose destination folder (or create it if needed). I need it because I will upload photos of different events and I want all of events to be separated galleries.

My second problem is creating some search engine. I want to create some simply search engine. I want it to search whole website content and display searching results. Would be perfect if it might show similar phrases too.

I also have troubles with setting date format in articles. Now I set 'Y-m-d' but I want something like 'm-d-Y H:iConfused'. Unfortunately if I set format I want it displays 0000-00-00.
I have even tried 'Y-d-m H:iConfused' but it displays only when I'm creating article. Hours, minutes and seconds don't display on article list. When I want to edit article there is only date without time.

Last problem is linking to files of stylesheet, jquery etc instead of urls. I want to implement bootstrap in the future and I would like to have all files needed on my server. I spent half a day on trying to do this. I checked every solution i found but something didn't work. (I know because jQueryUI Datepicker didn't work at all).

Tell me which part of code I need to upload etc.

I know this is many complicated questions and thank you if you could help me even with one of these. I'm also sorry for my english if u didn't understand something.

Sounds like you would run into these problems using any "framework" as you're sounding very inexperienced. My suggestion would be to pay someone else.

Not being negative, just a realist. I'm not thinking people are going to do your "work" for you. Good luck.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 01:28 AM by matysek099.)

I don't want people to do all for me. I just need some hints and to know the way how to do it.

(02-28-2015, 01:31 PM)matysek099 Wrote: Hi. I'm newbie in CodeIgniter and I'm creating my own CMS. I have already created working images upload but now I want to add some field in which I can choose destination folder (or create it if needed). I need it because I will upload photos of different events and I want all of events to be separated galleries.

Add the field to your form, then move the file to the chosen destination once you've completed the upload.

Quote:My second problem is creating some search engine. I want to create some simply search engine. I want it to search whole website content and display searching results. Would be perfect if it might show similar phrases too.

Use Google, or find some other search product online. For the most part, it's not worth the effort to roll your own search engine for your site.

Quote:I also have troubles with setting date format in articles. Now I set 'Y-m-d' but I want something like 'm-d-Y H:iConfused'. Unfortunately if I set format I want it displays 0000-00-00.
I have even tried 'Y-d-m H:iConfused' but it displays only when I'm creating article. Hours, minutes and seconds don't display on article list. When I want to edit article there is only date without time.

http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.format.php
Additionally, make sure you're actually storing the date and time when you create the articles. Chances are you only stored the 'Y-m-d' formatted data instead of a timestamp or datetime, so you don't have the time information to display.

Quote:Last problem is linking to files of stylesheet, jquery etc instead of urls. I want to implement bootstrap in the future and I would like to have all files needed on my server. I spent half a day on trying to do this. I checked every solution i found but something didn't work. (I know because jQueryUI Datepicker didn't work at all).

This could have a variety of causes. Saying you know something didn't work because jQueryUI Datepicker didn't work is implying that you're not testing this properly (or not explaining your issue properly). You're calling the water company and telling them there's a problem with the main because your toilet won't flush properly. The jQueryUI Datepicker requires jQuery and jQueryUI to load properly and a script on your page to create the Datepicker.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB