Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Version 2.0

[eluser]mattalexx[/eluser]
I keep hearing about version 2.0 coming. When is it expected?

[eluser]Matthew Lanham[/eluser]
There is no date of release, it will be ready when it's ready Smile hopefully it will come soon, but it has to be right Smile

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Seemed like the idea was for it to be ready shortly after August, but we're plowing into December right now. No telling... I don't think it's going to change the world or anything though, so I wouldn't join the hype.

[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1228022405"]... I wouldn't join the hype.[/quote]LOL ok.

[eluser]sobencha[/eluser]
The EllisLab folks seem to be rather against strict roadmaps and/or timelines when it comes to CodeIgniter formal releases, or at least that's the impression that I've always gotten. When the release is ready, it just appears! It is rather frustrating as a user of the framework, but I can understand it from the developers point of view.

I think the best way to track where things are going is to follow the SVN releases and whatever you might be able to glean here in the forums.

Scheduled releases are a pain for developers, I understand. I've lost a lot of sleep because of them myself. I'm totally okay with a more flexible approach and I'm happy with 1.7. The CI developers are doing a great job.

My friend quit his job to work for Cake. He inspired me to see what I can do for my favorite framework, but he doesn't maintain his own business.. Maybe in a couple of years in this economy I'll smarten up and start cooking again and working for CI on the side.. ;-)

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
If you are talking about EE the last update report doesn't states a period any more.

If you are talking about CI i don't think they are going from 1.7 to 2.0 because EE has that version number. And seeing the immature state the form_validation was in when they released 1.7 i don't think they are going to change much because of the pressure they already have wanting to push out EE as soon as possible.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB