Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can i use this Ci Starter. Is it safe?

I know, modification of system/ is not a good idea, I don't afraid of it however, it is not a taboo for me. In the future releases I'll minimize the number my tweaks there, but some modifications will stay inevitably. My priority is the rich set of features, the pro-business orientation, formal rules come at the second place.

For example, the possibility of having non-MVC pages is very useful for rewriting sites from plain PHP to CodeIgniter-based code. "Parsers as drivers" is another powerful feature, I suppose it will be implemented by CodeIgniter in the future.

Another handy for now feature is supporting the old CI 2.x file/class naming convention for easing the migration of existing code to CI 3. At some next major release I will remove this tweak, when it will be no longer necessary.

Of course, you have your right to disagree with my approach, it is ok.

By the way, it is not necessary to follow exactly my code examples that exploit the additional features. No new feature is mandatory, you can white your code in pure CodeIgniter way, it will work.

Messages In This Thread
Can i use this Ci Starter. Is it safe? - by Vimal - 03-04-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: Can i use this Ci Starter. Is it safe? - by ivantcholakov - 03-05-2015, 08:17 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB