Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Big Project but where to start??

[eluser]timsby[/eluser]
Hi everyone! My first post here so go easy on me Smile

I understand the MVC development mechanism and have been running through a few tutorials on CI. I have to say i love it over any other framework mainly because of EllisLab. I guess you trust what you know and having worked with EE for the past few years i definitely trust CI.

My problem right now is I have a big personal project I am working on. It will include the ability for people sign up (subscription based) but due to user levels it would be highly complex. For instance, a head teacher from a school signs up, in that school you have 10 teachers who all sign up under the school and under the teachers the pupils can sign up. All have restriction and different levels of admin ability.

The vision is there i know exactly how i would like it to work but for the first time in my life i actually don;t know where to start! My car broke down last year and I was told I needed a new gear box. I bought about 4 books and studied 11 hours and eventually i fixed and replaced it myself. So I am always highly motivated to do things when I know a clear starting point for development. But in this case I have no clue.

(Am I in way over my head?? I have coding experience but should i rely on someone more learned in the field of large robust web applications?)

I also wanted the ability for people to either use their own domain name, buy one from us to use or their organization to have a sub-domain with our site.

All opinions/advice welcomed and sorry this was such a long post hope to hear from you guys soon! Confusedmirk:

Messages In This Thread
Big Project but where to start?? - by El Forum - 12-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Big Project but where to start?? - by El Forum - 12-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Big Project but where to start?? - by El Forum - 12-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Big Project but where to start?? - by El Forum - 12-19-2008, 01:36 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB