Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Some questions before starting

[eluser]OmarM[/eluser]
Hello

I have some questions before I start with Code-Igniter. Need you understand PHP really good? I only can make a news system with MySQL. Also I know that Code-Igniter is the MVC stuff (right?). First I want to learn Ruby on Rails (RoR) but then I saw Code-Igniter wich is in PHP what I already know a little bit. I can't coding PHP with classes (OOP) but I understand how it works like:

Code:
Class - Function

Right? Like:

Code:
Class Blogg

function show all posts

Correct me if I'm wrong. So what my question is can I learn Code-Igniter with not to much problems?

Sorry for all my grammer mistakes.

Almost thanks!

Omar

[eluser]therealmaloy[/eluser]
IMO:

CodeIgniter is by far the most excellent MVC framework, sorry guys i'm quite bias. lol.

You need to know at least moderate skill on PHP, to help you understand CodeIgniter itself. OOP is a must though not that deep but at least you can understand. If you know how PHP works in a little way, I would suggest to learn more, adequate enough to get you around the bushes.

CodeIgniter is a framework, we for sure know it, the work load and amount of coding to handle the necessary things that you most likely do from ground up are eliminated and taken care by the work horse (codeigniter) itself, thus saving you barrels of sweat Smile

But the previous explanation would not guarantee that you will not code yourself, to meet the need your head desires. The good thing with CI is that the learning curve is so short, tons of help pages and hundreds and/or thousands of terrific programmers around to here to prevent/save you from throwing your computer out of frustration :lol: and the fun part is that, CI makes you a pro in no time and you'll not notice it that you are smiling while programming. Smile

Happy Igniting!!!

[eluser]gullah[/eluser]
I would write a few test websites using OOP and procedural PHP before using a framework. It really helps in understanding what you are doing and you are less liley to solely rely on the framework. You will still need to know a lot of PHP functions alongside CI so it will help a lot to learn the language.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
I don't think you need to know PHP too well to start. But, you do have to be a quick learner or you're just going to be frustrated the whole time. It really sounds like you need specific functionality that already exists. I would look into something like WordPress or Drupal or ExpressionEngine if I were you.

[eluser]OmarM[/eluser]
Hello

I'm learning PHP and MySQL now. But I'm searching for a good tutorial from the beginning a video tutorial. Were they explain everything. I've look at the screencasts but for that you need some basic knowledge of C-I. Got someone a nice tutorial?

However now I'm re-learning the basics of PHP Big Grin.

Thanks for the help!

Omar

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Just get a PHP + MySQL book.

[eluser]OmarM[/eluser]
I have a good video tutorial. And a year ago I have made a news system in PHP and MySQL. So the most stuff I already know from previous year.

Thanks!

Omar

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB